Extended cab ranchero update

Discussion in 'Ranchero Pics' started by ribald1, Dec 16, 2009.

1. ribald1

ribald1 Banned PLATINUM MEMBER

It only appears to be a little time. I have been redoing it from the frame up, starting about 2 years ago.

2. ribald1

The other guages are fuel level, water temp, oil temp, oil pressure, and voltage.

3. ribald1

Got the latch plate installed in the door pillar. Anyone with a slim jim is going to get real frustrated cuz the lock mech is not in the door.

Attached Files:

4. CLessley

CLessley In Third Gear

They'll just get mad and break the window but it'd make me feel better too.

The first time I had to coat-hanger my way into my new F150 it took me less than 5 mins. The second time it took me 1 hour+ and a chance, passing-by locksmith with the airbag and wiggly stick. I still think he bent my door frame...

5. ribald1

If they break the window, they still wont be able to get the door open.
    Hopefully crawling in and out the window slows them down enough for me to arrive with my pistol and baseball bat.

6. CLessley

CLessley In Third Gear

I like your style!

7. 72GTVA

72GTVA Administrator Staff Member

And then what? In California? What are you gonna do with that gun and bat besides earn yourself a place in a state institution? Ain't no castle doctrine there. You exhibit force there, even in the "prevention of a crime", THEY can retaliate with equal force and YOU would be wrong. You can only use equal and proportionate force in self defense of defense of another there.

8. ribald1

A man does what is right and deals with the fallout later.
    I have been through the CA court system twice on this kind of issue, and yes it is less than optimal, but there is no requirement in law that you allow your property to be stolen. The criminals and their supporters in government and the media tend to exagerate the situation here.

9. ribald1

It opens electrically, there is also a cable that connects to a cylinder key in a hidden location for one of the doors. And, yes with this kind of door, electric or not I will have a glass hammer on the roll cage on each side to allow escape if the car is upside down.

10. 72GTVA

72GTVA Administrator Staff Member

Oh, dang! I was looking forward to the ejection seat thingy so you could eject BEFORE it rolled over. Double Dang!

11. ribald1

In the state of CA you are allowed to have an exposed firearm, pistol revolver rifle or shotgun, as long as it is not loaded. You are allowed to have the amunition on your person but not in the firearm unless you are in imediate danger.
    As to the baseball bat, once the perp makes a statement that he intends to go after you and your family as soon as he gets out of the car (and you clearly heard him say that) you have every right to use a baseball bat to keep him inside until police arrive to ensure saftey of you and yours.

12. ribald1

I seriously considered making the top removable, and if I can figure out a simple way to secure the glass I will do it. If I do that, and some explosive bolts, the ejector seat becomes doable.

13. Torkair

Torkair In Maximum Overdrive

+1. Last time I someone broke into my truck and was trying to make off with my stuff I chased him down the street and beat him senseless while 2 of our cities finest stood by and watched. Dont think I caused the punk any permanent damage as I was the one trying to not pass out from the chase as he ran off down an alley.

14. drlance

drlance In Fourth Gear

Ribald1,
    I remember a few years ago..... 5?, 6? they were making 'kits' that allowed you to turn your pickup into a pickup roadster with a lift off top!
    Now if I can just remember who made the silly kits....
    Maybe a back issue of 'Tuckin' Magazine' or something....

Lance

15. ribald1

The lift off top is the easy part. The problem is securing the door glass as it would just flop around.

16. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Roll the windows down. Only dorks ride in convertibles with the windows up.

17. 5.0 Chero

5.0 Chero Bahumbug Staff Member

To me the glass would be the easy part......as you would have to do nothing...the factory did it for you. just use the factory regulators and glass.
    Mind dose not flop around when the door is open why would it with no top?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2010
  18. ribald1

I have suspected that a part was missing from my doors as the windows have a huge amount of slpo in them unless they are closed against the stops. I replaced the rectangular bushings with NOS and the bar is secure.
    I will have to find an exploded view of the door to figure out what is going on.

19. CLessley

CLessley In Third Gear

Try 72GTVA, he's the man it comes to Ford production / exploded / mechanical drawings.

20. CJ Guy

CJ Guy In Maximum Overdrive

Is this you doing some R&D?...:D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyJbknPJVSo