75 Ranchero French Owner

Discussion in 'Ranchero Pics' started by FrenchFan, Sep 9, 2010.

1. FrenchFan

FrenchFan In Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Hello,

I'm new here, my name is Eric and i live in France, i bought a 75 Ranchero about two months ago in Colorado. The car is still in USA waiting at the house of my friend Andy to be shipped to Le Havre /France.
    I will certainly be in need of some good advices in the future so i hope i could find them here.
    It's my second classic US car before the Ranchero i owned a 76 Olds Cutlass from 2003 to may 2010 and finally sold it to a friend of mine here.
    Here are a couple of pics of the 75 Andy sent to me.

Eric

[​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2010
  2. Ranchero Richard

Ranchero Richard SITE SUPPORTER- GOLD

3. FrenchFan

Thanks a lot Richard, no the Hooters sign was not in the deal, :)

4. Giska1

Giska1 In Maximum Overdrive

HeHe welcome to the site Erik, and this is the right place to be for all the info about these Chero's you need, but we dont need the sign we need the Hooters :rolleyes:
    And here are some europeen chero owners on the site already, and we love that its comming more.
    Again welcome, Giska Norway :D
    And the 75 looks clean and nice, what engine are under there ??

5. 1979 RANCHERO GT

1979 RANCHERO GT In Maximum Overdrive

Eric, Welcome to the site. This is the place to be if you are into Rancheros.

6. Blue Thunder Jet

Blue Thunder Jet In Overdrive

I think driving a ranchero in france would be awesome! People would flip!

7. Dan the ranchero man

Dan the ranchero man MODERATOR Staff Member

Very nice looking ride! Hey! Your freind is going to ship the car to you have him check it over and if you need parts have him buy them and pack them in the car for the trip back home. Cheaper (easier to find too)to buy the stuff here and send it with the car then to have to find and ship to france. (Just a suggestion)

8. Giska1

Giska1 In Maximum Overdrive

As Dan sayes, and then you don't have to pay tax eighter, it's parts following the sale of the car:D, if you need wheels or tires, even to another car, I have done the same thing to Norway.:D:rolleyes::cool:
    Good luck

9. FrenchFan

Thanks a lot all for your commentss,

Giska, the engine is a 351W with a 4bbl carb.

1979 RANCHERO GT thanks for your answer.

Blue thunder Jet, yes i agree, it's not usual here to see American's classics, when i owned the Cutlass people use to turn their head to look at and they certainly will do too with the Ranchero.

Dan and Giska you'r right it's a good suggestion, the wheels and tires will be changed before the car comes here (i will keep these wheels as spare ones for winter), the car had been checked carefully by Andy ( he is a Ford guy ) and he drove it 1500 miles from CO to OH to bring it back home with no problems, some parts need to be replaced, the dash is cracked but Andy gets one he just has to dye it, the wiper switch has to be replaced and the passenger glass of the sport mirror too. Some of the trims along both sides of the truck are missing otherwise the car is complete and runs very well.
    I will ask to Andy to place a set of belts, a set of spark plugs and a couple of oil filters in the car.

Thanks again guys...

10. RobertB

RobertB In Second Gear

Darn! He could have used the sign if he were to drive the truck to Hooters in Austria, the Czech Republic, Germany, Greece, Spain, Switzerland, or even England. ;)

11. FrenchFan

If i get the sign it will be a good start to open one ;), no Hooters in France but i read tractations are on the way to open somes....

12. FrenchFan

The Ranchero is at home since the begining of this month. A new paint, new rims and tires before crossing the big pond.

Big thanks to my buddy Andy for his precious help.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2012
  13. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

It looks great!

14. FrenchFan

Yes it is great, the paint just needs to be rubbed to be perfect, the bench needs to be redone and this car will be very nice, runs and shift like a dream.
    A real head turner here....

15. franmosso

franmosso In Fourth Gear

Frenchfan, I too own a 75. I'm heading to france next week on buisness. Lyon is where I am going.

16. Jimbob

Jimbob SITE SUPPORTER- SILVER GOLD MEMBER

Hung out a few times at the Hooters in Nottingham, UK...always came out cross-eyed from that place! ;) lol

17. FrenchFan

I'm located about 500 miles from Lyon completely opposite in Brittany area, if one day you come in Brittany around Rennes for your business let me know, we could drink a beer and talk about Rancheros.;)

[​IMG]

18. FrenchFan

Europeans girls ;) hahahaha

19. kirksss32

kirksss32 In Overdrive

nice ride frenchie,,, got a question for ya,, ive been to franch once,, the roads are so narrow an city streets even worse hows it gonea fit..lol

20. FrenchFan

we are excellent drivers :D:D:D...... seriously, no problems on highways and most of the roads, on small country roads if you cross another car it's better to stop on the side of the road (mostly on the grass) waiting for the other car to pass . The really bad point is to drive downtown in old towns, where i live i can go downtown with the Ranchero except in the "historical heart" of the town where streets are cobbled streets, but the more difficult is to park the car downtown...better forget that.

Were did you go in France kirksss32 ?