Ranchero Drag Racing update,

Discussion in 'Ranchero Pics' started by airford1, May 20, 2011.

1. airford1

airford1 In Maximum Overdrive

[​IMG]

I haven't hit 100mph yet , but we are getting close. Managed to run 7.34 1/8 mile ET and 98.41 MPH at Irwindale.

I have been waiting for someone to tell me what the biggest and widist tire I can put on the car:rolleyes: Having the time of my life running the Ranchero among all the Chevy boys. I have managed to motor by afew BB Chevelles and Novas.

2. LUCKYJACKASS

LUCKYJACKASS SITE SUPPORTER- SILVER

Awesome! Sounds like good fun. :D Can't wait to squeeze some more horses out of mine...I just picked up a 4 barrel carb, and I have the intake, so I just need heads, cam, and exhaust. :cool:

3. diggette

diggette In Maximum Overdrive

launch hard outta that hole mate!!!:cool::D woooo hoooo

4. 2beast

2beast In Third Gear

Hammer down!

That looks so cool :cool:

Greg

5. paparoscoe

paparoscoe In Overdrive

Think you have a mid eleven second car in the 1/4?

6. airford1

More like 11.20 the way it is now. It really pulls mid track. I'm running 4.30 gears with a 10 inch drag radial. I'm preety sure that when I put the 3055s M/T slicks on it we will be real close to a 10.99 car. The Ranchero doesn't do much more that raise up (the whole car) and go streight down the track, I need to remember to push the gas.:eek: I get afew people that will tell me that there is alot more in that Ranchero when they watch it leave. Still foot braking it and really cant get it up on the convertor without blowing the tires off.

7. Giska1

Giska1 In Maximum Overdrive

That car looks like it should be on the track all the time:cool:
    Way nice that you are out there showing it to the public and promoting the Ranchero's like that.:D:cool:

8. paparoscoe

paparoscoe In Overdrive

Very impressive, Airford. That is flat out getting it done! It would be nice to see a Ranchero driving around BB Chevy CARS. Must be better doing it though. :cool: Pump gas and street legal? Hitting the bottle?

9. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

This is a great picture. I should know, I've taken a few myself.

10. airford1

Pump gas , street legal , no air conditioning and no blue bottle. Having alot of fun with this car. One of the nice things about this car is that I can let my wife and daughter drive it. It just goes streight down the track and doesnt get sideways out of the burnout box.

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2011
  11. paparoscoe

paparoscoe In Overdrive

Naturally aspirated with no cheating. Like your style! Is that a big CAN in "can let my wife and daughter drive it"? :D Maybe I will see you at Irwindale sometime. Would love to see it deliver the mail.

12. GTODave

GTODave In Third Gear

keep the posts coming!!! That's awesome!!! glad to see a few people here aren't all talk about how "badass" there Chero is!!! I wish I went big block....or at least done a few things differently with my Clovo build, but with the weight I'm already fighting a losing battle. I ran just under 14 secs in the 1/4. You've way ahead of the game already!!!

Dave

13. airford1

It's real hard to put the Ranchero on a diet without major changes.

14. HuevosRanchero

HuevosRanchero In Maximum Overdrive

great pic and awesome results!

15. ribald1

ribald1 Banned PLATINUM MEMBER

Great progress!
    I'll bet that once you get practice launching it you will pull it down below 11.
    There is a lot to take in in a very short time. Are you manually shifting or letting the governor do it?

16. airford1

LOL, you got it exactly right. There is alot going on and I cannot tell you what my RPM is when I go thru the traps.

I am just starting to remember to push the gas pedal when I leave.

Hell I just reallized that the tree has 3 yellow lites and not 4???????????? I'm color blind. My reaction times are getting better now that I'm leaving on the 3rd yellow:D

Manual shifting with a stock c6 valve body. Trans brake in the near future.

17. john777

john777 In Overdrive

how about some video?:D

18. airford1

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2011
  19. burninbush

burninbush In Maximum Overdrive

Link works fine -- car looks great. Who won that race?

20. scrnic1

scrnic1 In Fourth Gear

Holy damn! That thing sounds and looks frigging awsome! I need to get to the track and get some video of mine, Jealous!:D