Hi I'm New Here And This Is My 79

Discussion in 'Ranchero Pics' started by Bart68, May 24, 2011.

1. HuevosRanchero

HuevosRanchero In Maximum Overdrive

very kewl!! bet it handles better too

2. Huevos

Huevos In Maximum Overdrive

Keep the buckets, You wont regret it..

3. Giska1

Giska1 In Maximum Overdrive

The wheels looks better than the photoshop, very nice:cool:
    And HR I had that "cumming" he he

4. Bart68

Bart68 In Second Gear

They just are not comfortable anymore and I like comfort, I have been eye balling the seats in our Ranger Edge and those are much better than the wore out Ranchero buckets and the backs adjust.

5. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

OK, listen up ya'all! Paint or powdercoat the wheels white, change the stripe color to blue and have the lower one go over your wheels, just like your Bronco.

My work here is done. Peace!

6. 1979 RANCHERO GT

1979 RANCHERO GT In Maximum Overdrive

Welcome to the site. My 79 is white again, finally. It's been sitting all winter at my bodyshop and finally got it's turn in the booth Wednesday. I used 2003 Ford tri coat pearl white with the lower body stripes done in the original cordovan color (no rust or body work to cover). The hood has been modified using a 72 Sport hood and that was painted the same way as in 72 except in cordovan instead of black. Bucket seats and console. I will post pictures when it gets all the parts back on

7. Bart68

Bart68 In Second Gear

Thankyou and I can't wait to see those pictures, could you also post a pic of your interior? I'm still trying to figure out the interior thing, I thought I wanted the bench seat but now I'm leaning back towards a bucket, just not the ones I have in it.

8. Bart68

Bart68 In Second Gear

The ride and handling are better and I like they way the wheel wells are filled up now.

9. Dan the ranchero man

Dan the ranchero man MODERATOR Staff Member

Here are some photos of my rancheros with the bucket seat/console set up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. 74Rancherito

74Rancherito In Fourth Gear

That's they way they should have done it at the factory.....
    ;)

11. Bart68

Bart68 In Second Gear

Did a little clean up on the tail lights, these will have to do till I can find ones with no pitting in them and thats hard up here.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. krehmkej

krehmkej In Third Gear

Had my Ranchero for 20 years now, and I've never seen a pair of non-pitted tail lights for sale. I think they were pretty poor parts to begin with. Now I have a pair with only small pits. Am planning to have them stripped at the chrome shop, then fill the pits and paint them black to match everything else. The original pair I had powder coated and that didn't end well.
    Good luck!

13. drlance

drlance In Fourth Gear

I took a pair from the southwest...In much better shape than mine.... and used steel wool to polish off all the black paint. They actually look nice and I don't have worry about the paint peeling off now.

14. Bart68

Bart68 In Second Gear

A friend gave me a carpet for my Ranchero, it's not the right shade of green but it looks so much better than the old stinky wore out carpet that it replaced. Oh and installed my old school wood steering wheel as well.

Before Pictures
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

these are the after pictures,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

He gave me a bench seat as well but I have to agree it just look or feel right so the buckets went back in and I'll be looking for a new set of those along with the correct color carpet.

15. Bart68

Bart68 In Second Gear

I wish I had taken before photos of the engine bay, it was very ugly with 32 years of crud built up and with a few pressure washings and alot of elbow grease and a little help from spray paint it looks way better.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Dan the ranchero man

Dan the ranchero man MODERATOR Staff Member

Lookin good. The carpet actually looks pretty nice in there and the engine cleaned up nice. it's amazing what you can do with a power washer,rattle can and effort!

17. HuevosRanchero

HuevosRanchero In Maximum Overdrive

looks terrific Bart!...:D believe me we ALL know about the "before" crud!

18. parts4me

parts4me In Maximum Overdrive

How did you do the air filter housing? Mine looks horrible and haven't been able to find one to replace it that is in good enough condition to go through the effort. Did you spray it as well?

19. Bart68

Bart68 In Second Gear

Yes I did, I used steel wool and degreaser and scrubbed the heck out of the top and bottom but it still looked bad so I washed it down with varsol and painted the bottom with satin black and the lid with aluminium spray paint. It turned out nice and looks good up close.

20. 2beast

2beast In Third Gear

Engine compartment cleaned up nicely :)

It really makes the truck look better when time is spent cleaning up the details:cool:

Greg