My 1964 bagged Falcon Ranch

Discussion in 'Ranchero Pics' started by Low64Chero, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Low64Chero

Low64Chero In First Gear

Fully custom build interior floor, 302ci. 5.0, mild cam, Weiand intake, Edlebrock carb, complete new wiring harness, 19" staggered Stern ST-1 wheels..11.5" rear and 8" fronts, Rockstar valves with 3/8" line, Viair compressor, 5-gallon air tank, side to side in the front and just up/down in the rear, custom 2 link back half, RCI fuel cell, and a lot of blood, sweat, and tears.
    *Car was already bagged when I bought it..just needed A LOT of work

Attached Files:

2. Giska1

Giska1 In Maximum Overdrive

That looks wild, and very very nice :D:eek:

3. Low64Chero

Low64Chero In First Gear

Thanks!

I appreciate it. Just trying to do something different!

4. 5.0 Chero

5.0 Chero Bahumbug Staff Member

Lookn good so far from another bagged Chero do ot really like the look of the big rims with no side wall but....

5. Low64Chero

Low64Chero In First Gear

Me neither

But that's what's on there for now..I already have a set of 3" BF Goodrich 235-75 white walls ordered, and then I'm getting my steelies powder coated. I've also got pics of it with my steelies and the old white walls on there too, I'll post a pic of it here soon.

6. Low64Chero

Low64Chero In First Gear

They came with the car also, I wouldn't spend my money on a set of big wheels like that..those are more along the lines to go on a '94-'04 Mustang

7. As Is '66

As Is '66 2 Wheeled Mod Staff Member

I ain`t normally a lowered fan, But I Like That Truck!!!
    It looks good lowered like that!!!
    Welcome aboard,
    AsIs

8. parts4me

parts4me In Maximum Overdrive

That looks like a sweet ride. Lowriders are not my thing either, but this might change my mind! Keep us up to date.

9. Johnny

Johnny In First Gear

I've seen those rounded wheelwell covers in the bed before on another '65. Are these something that are sold or just hand made by the owners?

My originals have some dents in them but are solid. I want to pull the dents and keep it original but the others are an option and they do look pretty clean.

Johnny

10. 5.0 Chero

They are wheel tubs to gain clearance for the bigger tires and rims. sold aftermarket in different sizes or can be home made.

http://www.summitracing.com/search/Part-Type/Wheel-Tubs/

11. BoogerRed

BoogerRed In First Gear

very cool man.. I'd love to see some pics of the interior work if you've got some!

12. Blanco

Blanco In Overdrive

I plan something similar, but not so low...
    I want a solid road handling suspension so it wont be bagged, but I'm temped to just go with cool & low.... at the sacrifice of handling...

13. Low64Chero

Low64Chero In First Gear

A couple of the interior and fuel cell

One is of the 1968 Mustang seats that I have in the car, my switch panel in the center of the dash, new gauge bezel, and origional steering wheel. Also the floor work and drive shaft tunnel we built is shown. Also, a shot of my new B&M shifter I installed a couple weeks ago. It was SUPER complicated to install on the shifter linkage because I'm running a FMX transmission, but we got it done. And the other picture is of my RCI fuel cell equipped with all new fittings, thanks to Smiley's in Sherman, TX.

Attached Files:

14. parts4me

Very clean interior, and very nice shifter!

15. Low64Chero

Low64Chero In First Gear

Thanks!

Yeah that's it for now. It'll eventually be carpeted and have new door panels and seats..but I'm just trying to get it drivable right now, and do all the cosmetics after she's rolling.

16. parts4me

I'd do the same thing. Gets tiring working on it and looking at it without being able to take her for a spin.

17. Low64Chero

Low64Chero In First Gear

I'm chomping at the bits!

I want to get it on the road, but definitely taking my time and making sure everything is done right and nothing's installed wrong. And thanks to everyone for the postive feedback. I know not many people are fans of air ride, but it's what I do as a hobby and I chose to do this Ranchero because of how unique it is. You don't normally see Ranchero's driving around everyday, let alone one thats riding only a few inches off the ground :cool:

18. Low64Chero

Low64Chero In First Gear

Picture of the steelies and old white walls

Soon I will have those wheels powdercoated and the new 3" white walls on

Attached Files:

19. 5.0 Chero

Thats only because the have not ridden in a ride with a properly done system. my ass end has been bagged for 10+ years and the front for about 5 if I remember correctly...best thing I ever done to it for the ride. granted I designed my system so I can still drive if I blow a bag, so I am no where near as clost to the ground as you but I can still slam it.
    http://www.ranchero.us/forums/showthread.php?t=4035

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2012
  20. Blanco

Blanco In Overdrive

I had a 4 door dually slammed on bags & thought it was lots of fun & it towed pretty well too.