New wheel and tires

Discussion in 'Ranchero Pics' started by aquartlow, Nov 11, 2012.

1. kirksss32

kirksss32 In Overdrive

looking good....?do you have the grill for the ram air.

2. aquartlow

aquartlow In Maximum Overdrive

Thank you, Kirksss32,
    No grille......yet. I may look into one by cutting up an extra LTD II grille I have, for the time being I just can't bring myself to butcher up a good grille for a 2.5" x 14" or so piece of it.

3. kirksss32

kirksss32 In Overdrive

ive got a friend thats got 4 or 5 of those scoops ill check an see if he,s got extra grill inserts. there made of alum,,, its the same one on mine.

4. parts4me

parts4me In Maximum Overdrive

All I can say is, DAMN. That setup looks so clean and organized. Love everything about it, no complaints here:D

5. aquartlow

I appreciate the offer. The scoop I have is off of a late '69 or '70 Cougar Eliminator, the grilles only came on the earliest Cougar Eliminator models in '69 w/428 CJ motors from what I understand. My scoop is from the later models, thus no provisions for mounting the original CJ grille in place(at least not like the factory did it). Let me know, you've piqued my interest now :D. Todd

6. aquartlow

Yeah, mine may look OK but you are the one who's bringing home the show trophies :D. I have to step it up a notch or two just to catch up. Todd

7. kirksss32

kirksss32 In Overdrive

ya but when your the only one in the show trophys are easy to get.....wink wink:p

8. parts4me

I am sure if you would take it to some shows you would easily catch up!!! By the way I think I see it or its a reflection but is your grille painted the same body color? I really like that. Also what is the blue and silver block that sits on top of the compressor for the airconditioning?

9. kirksss32

kirksss32 In Overdrive

im sure he will get some , the chuck looks great, i see many comeing his way.

10. aquartlow

Yes, I painted the inner parts of the grille body color and left the grille center(vertical) and horizontal dividing bars chrome. The block is a Jacobs Ignition Ultra coil, I installed it (along with a Jacobs Pro Street Ignition box)after having a misfire with an MSD 2F coil. The spark intensity is 4X what the MSD had. I fabbed up a bracket so I wouldn't have a 3 or 4 ft coil wire.

11. parts4me

Well you gotta get that out there. Us 77/79 seem to have to prove to the rest of these ranchero guys and gals that we are the best years.

12. Kev250R

Kev250R In Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

The round bodies are pretty cool too. And mine fits in a garage a 77/79 couldn't. Maybe someday if I get tired of driving it I'll take it to a show.

Kevin

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2012
  13. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Kev, the roundies and the Torino years, and the early years, are all nicer styles. P4M is one of those pompous types that's so stuck on the year he has that he goes overboard to praise it. Turns a lot of folks off. Anyway, Todd's ride is a fantastic looking 77-79. Of course there are many nice examples of the 77-79, and we do tease a lot. Mainly 'cuz folks like P4M get their knickers in a twist so easily.

14. parts4me

Nah, I like them all. It's just that 77-79 are obviously the best looking.

15. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

No, they are ok, but not the best. 1971 is the best.

And in case you missed it, here's post 94 & 95, and this one before it was deleted....

[​IMG]

16. jalex1941

jalex1941 In Third Gear

I must say I love my 79 but i'd say the best year was 72 tho ive always been partial to the 58.

17. aquartlow

I like all the Ranchero body styles, they all have they're +'s & -'s, but overall there is something to like in each styling design difference. Being an owner of one, I will always lean toward the '77-'79 models as being a favorite of mine, but the '70-'71's are a VERY close second. I really like this respresentation of a Cyclone Spoiler "sheet metaled" Ranchero.

[​IMG]

18. Kev250R

Kev250R In Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I'm also a fan of the 70/71's, I think Ford should have used that front end styling for a few more years than they did. Bonus that here in ca that anything pre-74 doesn't need to be smogged, another reason I would never own a later Ranchero.

I'm a fan of the round bodies though, not just because I own one but because they are just so simple; everything you need is there, but not much you don't. No smog stuff (though mine now has a PCV) a minimum of vacuum lines and a dirt-simple carburetor. Working on my '60 reminds of working on my air-cooled VW's;very simple design but works very well, at least most of the time.

Kevin

19. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

File not found!!!

Actually, most 72 owners are awesome, like the rest of us. There are a few here that ruin it for everyone, but for the most part we're all a big happy family. We all rule! (Most of us, anyway ;);) )

20. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I agree the 72's are great, but there are a few owners of those that are whacked out crazy. :D I've never been a fan of those huge beasts, 77-79, but some here have made it work, without being bat truck crazy. Good on them.