63 Bench Seat

Discussion in 'General Ranchero Help' started by Charlie63, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Charlie63

Charlie63 In Third Gear

I just bought what I was told was a bench seat for 60-63 Ranchero, but it seems too long.

There's only ~1-inch between each end of the seat and the door panels. The bench is 54" wide, and it's only 56" from door to door.
    Is it suppose to be that close?

And, the seat adjustment lever sticks out the left end of the bench, so it makes things even closer.
    Just wondering if I might have ended up buying a bench seat for some other model and/or brand.
    The back is 19" high above the seat, (29" from floor to top of back) and the seat is 18" wide from the back to the front edge.

Any 60-63 Ranchero owners have any help about what the size of the corrrect seat size is?

2. DonC

DonC In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I'll have to take a look. I'm ditching mine anyway.

3. DonC

Ok, went to take a look. Mine is 54" also but my seat lever is located on the drivers side in front of the seat not on the side.

4. Kev250R

Kev250R In Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I forgot to measure mine when I took a drive in it earlier today but the seat adjuster on mine is also located on the driver's side in the front portion of the seat. I may be out in mine again tomorrow and if so I'll measure the seat, though it'll probably be the same as Don's.

Kevin

5. dave r

dave r In Second Gear

was just going to list mine, for sale. It's out of a 60. Thought it was 52", but I'll have to check for sure

dave

6. Charlie63

Charlie63 In Third Gear

Well, doesn't matter if the seat I have is correct or not. The driver's side track broke (one of the large ball-bearings and it's keeper came out from inside, and the keeper is too mangled to be repaired).

So, I was wondering what front bench seats are interchangeable? I know 60-63 Ranchero are supposely the same from the body aftward.

Do the 60-63 Hardtop, Wagon and Ranchero all use the same Front Bench Seat?

7. Huevos

Huevos In Maximum Overdrive

Yes, they are the same seats.

8. Charlie63

Charlie63 In Third Gear

Was the bench seat for the Ranchero available as a 'split back' seat and a 'solid back' seat?

9. DonC

Don't know about a solid but my is split back.

10. airford1

airford1 In Maximum Overdrive

Mines a split back also.

11. Charlie63

Charlie63 In Third Gear

I think you guys are right. The more I think about it, I've never seen a Ranchero with a 'solid-back' seat, and I would guess only the Ranchero would have the 'flip-forward' seat. Bench seats in the Falcon Hardtop and Wagon would be stationary, as they had a rear seat as well. So I would guess the Ranchero seat wouldn't be interchangeable with any of the other Falcon models.

Given that I was sold one wrong seat, I'm gonna stick with a Ranchero-specific seat so I know it's gonna fit.

12. 5.0 Chero

5.0 Chero Bahumbug Staff Member

same as a more door and 2 door wagon.....

13. DonC

:D
    I always liked those more door cars.:D

14. Denny

Denny In Maximum Overdrive

Yeah, I never heard it described that way before but I guess it makes sense.:D

15. 72GTVA

72GTVA Administrator Staff Member

Had a couple of two door mid-60s Falcons in the family, the two door models had the split back rests that folded forward to allow people to get into the back seat. Four door models were fixed one piece backs, two door sedans, Rancheros, and the two door wagons had the split/folding back rests.