First Show of Summer '13'

Discussion in 'Ranchero Pics' started by TestDummy, Jul 14, 2013.

1. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Under the car in the picture, of course.

2. 72GTVA

72GTVA Administrator Staff Member

I think (thought) that someone had parked a dodge there before Sean parked his...

3. ForistellFord

Nice. Maybe a Durango? Or any generic Dodge? The Durango leaks but the Ram doesn't.

4. 72GTVA

I thought all dodges leaked but I've never owned one - maybe a dodge owner could enlighten us?

Would still like to see a consolidated thread on the build of Sean's truck... (don't want to spend the time looking for the posts hither and yon).

5. ForistellFord

Probably won't have the Durango much longer, wife is driving it full time now and she wants a Mustang. Meh. But with the truck I will remain a Hemi owner, so don't worry. As for leaking, my Taurus done did a ton more weeping than any of my Dodge's ever did.

6. Denny

Denny In Maximum Overdrive

Glad to see that you won the lottery or inherited a gas company because those Hemi engines aren't known for their gas mileage. Other than that, and the ultra-cheap plastic interiors that fall apart, Dodge makes some good trucks.

7. ribald1

ribald1 Banned PLATINUM MEMBER

I have a hard time getting past them naming it after a goat.:eek:
    Especially as goats and sheep are kissing cousins.:p

8. ForistellFord

Jealous much? Anyway as stated many times previously, I work from home. Only commute is to the head or the fridge. Both are within walking distance.

9. ribald1

Not even any walks to the store to get skittles and watermelon ice tea?:confused:

10. ForistellFord

I like the watermelon Oreos, personally. Dip them in some raspberry iced tea, and man, it's like dividing by zero. Awesome.

11. 72GTVA

Begs the question - what was the solution to the shifter hole in the floor hump???

(yes y'all, a thinly veiled attempt to get back on topic in a non-lounge/wacky thread...)

12. Denny

Not so much. One of my best friends is a devoted Dodge owner. He can afford to buy any vehicle he wants but he buys a brand new Dodge pickup every 3 or 4 years. He's the one who first pointed out the cheap plastic interior parts (cracked dashes, mainly) and the terrible gas mileage to me. When I was looking for a pickup about 3 years ago, I drove a few Dodge pickups. I liked them because they were usually a LOT cheaper than a Ford or Chevy, but every one of them had the cracked dash. I still think they are good trucks and would buy one if the price is right.

13. Denny

After looking at that picture, I believe that someone's little dog just relieved himself under the Ranchero. There's no way that a Ranchero that looks that good would have a leak.

14. ForistellFord

But Sean built the engine. Come on, not a big leap of faith there.

My truck has no such issues of which you speak. But then, it may someday.

15. DonC

DonC In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Congrats, much deserved. Maybe a water pump seal.

16. Hillbilly

Hillbilly In Maximum Overdrive

Good on Dad ! Ya'll know Sean's way too anal about his rides to let one mark it's spot like a Harley. Betting that the spot was already there cause such doesn't compute with either Sean or his Dad. Good memorys someday when Sean's flipping thru the family album.

17. ForistellFord

...as he is reminded yet again how his lifelong auto project was ripped from his loving arms, left at the alter like a jaded bride.

18. 72GTVA

My recollection was that "dear old dad, hoping to help out his son who was busy with life, and stuff, and no room, and no garage, living in a strange place, surrounded by people who talk funny, decided to assist him in getting it painted and assembled after all the hard work was done..." (and that's my story and I'm stickin' to it...)

19. ribald1

Poor Little Corn Eyes.:(

20. desertdale

desertdale In Overdrive

Nice to see a 70 winning a gong, truck looks ace Sean, then again it did have a good start to the resto........... Way to go Seans dad !