Other Side of What Happened

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by mo.herbfarm, Jun 23, 2015.

1. mo.herbfarm

mo.herbfarm In Maximum Overdrive

I thought, I would simply drop use of my username, and start over "clean-slate" using a new one. Had no idea that was an extreme "no-no", punishable by firing squad! I expected, at worst, to simply be detected and turned down.

FWIW, that's how the deal went. mo.

2. 72GTVA

72GTVA Administrator Staff Member

Anyone that previously attempted to register a new user name without contacting the site owner has done so with malicious intent which included threatening site members and otherwise noted or acted with intent to create disturbances on the site or damage the site. If you want a new user name contact RancheroUS and discuss your options with him.

3. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Other side? Heck, we don't even know what happened on the other other side.

4. ribald1

ribald1 Banned PLATINUM MEMBER

Mo, if you want to be who you really are, just do it.
    If you change your name, people will figure it out anyway.
    Not all of us here are as dumb as we sometimes act.

5. azcolin

azcolin In Maximum Overdrive

Yup, and some members are a lot dumber without a keyboard :eek:

6. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I wanted StudMuffin, but found out I would lose all my 'Likes' and epic post count. Screw that. I say let Mo change his username, but only if we decide what it should be, by popular vote.

7. azcolin

l could think of a good one but can't post it here .......................

8. 72GTVA

We can edit and change your name, and it will keep your post count and such. Now, what was it you wanted??? "Macho, Macho Man" or "YMCA"???

9. ribald1

ribald1 Banned PLATINUM MEMBER

If that is up for a vote, I vote for "YMCA".

10. azcolin

l'd vote for 'in the navy'

TestDummy likes this.
  11. Rancherous

Rancherous Administrator Staff Member

Mo as Dan has stated all who have Dual registered have caused issues and wanted to post nonsense here. We do not take kindly to that, there was no reason not to simply PM me or Dan and ask for a name change here. I am on a few other sites and its a full out ban forever. It wastes bandwidth that we pay for etc. When we get a user with a strange user name or from a country like Uganda registering it throws up Red flags. Either a BS poster or Spammer. If you would like that Russian Newscasters name we can make the change for you.

12. mo.herbfarm

mo.herbfarm In Maximum Overdrive

Here, too, much more meaningful, having un-ignored mr. ribald.

Some believe my OP here. Some do not. Understandable, but either way, unimportant to anyone concerned except me. Making this OP up as a means of "weaseling out" simply does not fit my character. A few caught that. Why the hell would I, of anyone, wish to become a malicious intruder? Think about it.

Those who can. mo.

TestDummy likes this.
  13. TestDummy

I believe you, Dorothy. Why, indeed.

14. 72GTVA

And we've had exactly that happen - someone that was an intelligent and valuable contributor that got into a "xxxxx measuring contest" with other members and then, when it got out of hand, deliberately attempted to damage and disrupt the site. Your profile was no different than his.

To those on the sidelines it is entertaining. To those involved it just develops more resentment toward the person. And to those that dislike the confrontation it just helps them decide to go away, and those are the folks that we want to keep, the people that share our enthusiasm for this particular model of car.

You want this or that and we don't give, you get mad. We give and then you abuse it, we get mad. Better you get mad.

You have a choice to be here or not. And if you don't like what we do and what we ask of you and the other members you don't have to come here. Your choice. Don't hesitate to go away if that is your choice - I'm sure some other forums will enjoy reading about your life as it passes before your eyes.

15. TestDummy

I recall some fool member here tried to hack my account, then bailed when we tracked his IP to his town.

16. 72GTVA

Not exactly... I didn't ban him - I DELETED him. And blocked his ISP. And some other super-secret administrator shtuff that we don't talk about so no one gets any big bleepin' ideas.

17. TestDummy

You, my friend, are a superhero.

ForistellFord likes this.
  18. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

I don't remember all that stuff. Who was it that tried this before?

19. TestDummy

Without naming names....you helped me out him. I think he lived in Illinois, or Indiana, or Iowa...one of those boring and flat 'I' states.

ForistellFord likes this.
  20. azcolin

[​IMG]