BANNED

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by 1965 Ranchero 66G, Sep 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1965 Ranchero 66G

1965 Ranchero 66G In Maximum Overdrive Unubtanium Member

Such a definitive word, but that's what I saw when I signed in on August 26th., It seems as though two of our members had that posted under their names, Testdummy and Forristelford are no longer with us. It would seem that the changing of Avatars and a joke gone wrong and the ensuing back and forth frenzy attracted some unwanted attention. This by far has to be the best forum of it's kind and it is that way because of the people in here, some very knowledgeable, some not so, some with a sense of humor and some with very little. IF you look back at the post's since August 25th and now it's all pretty generic and lacking a sense cohesiveness. The core group of people in here is what makes and keeps this forum what it is and the loss of two members seems in my opinion to have damaged that.
    That being said, I was hoping to get your opinions and or support to see if we could possibly get Sean and John (Testdummy and Forristelford) reinstated.

As one of our former members once said,
    "Without bantor, this place is about as exciting as a church during a funeral"

Thanks for looking, Skip.

2. 1965 Ranchero 66G

Just look at that sad remorseful face, I couldn't find one of his very shy little buddy.
    IMG_20170904_172711.jpg

3. beerbelly

beerbelly In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Skip, I'm gonna chime in & say that the banter between Test Dummy & Foristell Ford was some pretty entertaining stuff to me, and I REALLY miss the Bat Stash. Their conversation prompted me to change my avatar too, just for fun. Could have been the beer, or maybe I don't know what goes on behind the scenes, PM-wise. But fun banter, lively discussions & a wealth of knowledge, Ranchero or otherwise, is what I like about this site; other Ford sites are pretty parched.

I sure wish you & Ribald1 could come to terms though; this looks to me like the next banning on the horizon. I have to say that Ribald has been on this forum for quite some time, and his information seems to be well founded. You, on the other hand, are fairly new here, and many of your responses to Ribald's posts seem to be personality-related, rather than factual. I'm not necessarily taking sides, just my viewpoint from this computer.

4. 1965 Ranchero 66G

Thanks for the support, if they return I'm sure that they will appreciate it. As for the other, I'm working on it. Appreciate your input.

5. andrewok1

andrewok1 In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER SILVER MEMBER

I would have to take BEERBELLY view on this , We all have a common interest RANCHERO`s, fun is fun .Jokes carreied out to far in constant attack style .
    have no place .

DAMMIT MAN CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG

6. beerbelly

7. plumcolr

plumcolr In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

There's a history. Has happened before and the banned usually come back chastened and things settle down for a while. The past while is the longest I can remember but I've only been on here 5 years or so. I really didn't follow what happened this last occurrence, but the moderators certainly handled previous events with restraint, in some cases great restraint.

I used to like the political banter, but it often devolved quickly into unpleasantness. And Andrew, please don't take this wrong but calls to get along often mean "it's gotta be my way".

1965 Ranchero 66G likes this.
  8. 1965 Ranchero 66G

Was that focused on me, which could well deserved, but I would like to keep it on topic.

9. plumcolr

plumcolr In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I took that as a general comment. I did not see it as being focused on anyone, not even the banned.

10. 1965 Ranchero 66G

Banned, what an ugly term, why not beheaded, that at least would be definitive.

11. andrewok1

what i said was focused in general observation , and plumcolr yes it could be taken that way , you bring a very good point good point , (this will pass )
    just leave it all rest , i think this thread should be LOCKED /ANDY

12. andrewok1

1965 RANCHERO 66G
    PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME AGAIN .

13. 1965 Ranchero 66G

scratching my ear, not a problem.

14. beerbelly

I'm starting to have concerns about 66G based on his responses on this thread. He has been trolling other sites also for responses to his 66G & 66H claims. It sounds like he has them, but both are basket cases. One may be sacrificed to make the other.

What say you 66G?

15. andrewok1

:):) okay

16. Huevos

Huevos In Maximum Overdrive

Sometimes, this is necessary..
    [​IMG]

17. 1965 Ranchero 66G

No trolling, I have stated in previous threads that both were gifted to me, I joined this forum before they arrived here in Texas. I was told by my 84 yr. old father that one was a 66G and the other a 66H . When they arrived, I had a 66H and a 66B, the H is a complete rust bucket in the cab and bed, the B is 100% rust free. The original buckets from the H are fully restorable along with all of the trim. So to answer your question, yes I am taking 2 two make one. If you like to further inquire, I have requested twice to change my name with my explanation being that it was not correct information. anything else.

18. beerbelly

OK, trolling might be the wrong term, but...

Screen Shot 2017-09-04 at 7.16.10 PM.png

19. andrewok1

off topic
    Ranchero 66G said:
    Was that focused on me, which could well deserved, but I would like to keep it on topic.

20. Cindy

Cindy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Oy....okay here is my 2 cents: During my time here on this forum, I have not found a single person/user/member that I deem to be offensive to the extent that i would want them banned, much less ignore them. Are some members more to the rowdy side? Sure. Are some (many) more reserved? yes. But isn't this just like any other group/club/small town/gathering of humans? Variety is the spice of life. We all benefit by having a mix of interactions, knowledge, and members. I think we can all agree that using another person's image probably wasn't the greatest idea, goodness knows I sure don't have a photo of me up here and God help us if i did. But okay, milk spilt and lesson learned, now can we please get back to being the coolest Ranchero site in existence? I like it when we are all here.

Buds 67, bigears, Kiwirancher and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.