My 69 Ram Air 428CJ

Discussion in 'The Stable' started by PonyExpressRider, Jan 14, 2013.

1. ribald1

ribald1 Banned PLATINUM MEMBER

We have tolerated a lot from NASCAR, like the 'green' crap, but yeah, if they start protesting our anthem and flag there is a round can in the corner for them also.

2. PonyExpressRider

PonyExpressRider In Maximum Overdrive

I have hardly watched any NFL, people who drive cars that cost 10 times my annual salary, and live in homes another 10 times that, claiming to be oppressed... don't need my support! I officiate Jr College and HS Ball. No one taking knees in these groups!

3. 1965 Ranchero 66G

1965 Ranchero 66G In Maximum Overdrive Unubtanium Member

I guess I generalised, I like Nascar, my stepson also officiates for HS basketball, baseball and water polo. But I have still not watched a game since they took a knee. JMO.

4. PonyExpressRider

Not going to catch any flack from me! Wife isn't sure what to do since I am not planted in front of the TV all day on Sunday! I think, I may have watched maybe 6 quarters, and not one complete game, all season. This Sunday is stainless sanding day. Hoping to get some of it polished and back on the car.

5. PonyExpressRider

OH,OH... I see what I did... When I said people who drive cars... I wasn't talking about NASCAR! I meant NFL Players... My bad!!! o_O

6. 1965 Ranchero 66G

1965 Ranchero 66G In Maximum Overdrive Unubtanium Member

It's all good, thanks

7. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Despite all the 'taking a knee' foofurrah, we're just champing to see your car! How much is left on the brakes and the trans linkage?

8. toyroom

toyroom In Third Gear PLATINUM MEMBER

I was a NFL fan for years but haven't watched for years... I don't gamble anymore and I'm more into peaceful sports and I try to ponder the sound of one hand clapping.

9. ribald1

Anthony Burgess wrote a book by that name, that by your description, you would likely find disturbing and want to avoid.

10. toyroom

toyroom In Third Gear PLATINUM MEMBER

Yeah maybe... I had a hard time reading "A Clockwork Orange" and the slang definition in the back of the book, the movie was much easier.

11. ribald1

The rest of his books aren't written that way.
    He was a very insightful man. Much of the fiction he wrote back then is fact today.

12. PonyExpressRider

Hey Andy... Waiting to get it back over to the shop and on the lift... probably in the next week or two... He's kind of backed up at the moment. But its kind of fun going over and seeing the Chevy guy working on all those Fords... he currently has a 59 Pickup, a 55 sedan, a 68 Torino, and a model A, that he is working on. As well as a 55 Chevy Panel...

I have everything now... Front break lines, master cylinder and vacuum, P/S Bracket will be here next week, just need to do some fabricating for the trans linkage, and it will be ready to go to alignment. and start shaking it down. Then get it over to get the white "C" on it.

It seems that the stainless will never get done... but still plugging away. But I now understand why those who do it as a living charge so much!!!
    but to answer your question.... SOON!

13. handy_andy_cv64

I await its presentation with the patience of a saint.

14. PonyExpressRider

UPDATE!!!

I think I have the base frame for the Battery box resolved, will know this afternoon!

Attempted to bleed the brakes... distribution block was leaking from almost every orifice! I think I have that resolved too.

Power steering pump is in place, and the belt is in hand.

Car is going over to the shop either this weekend or next, probably Jan 6/7 will get power steering hooked up and bled. Brakes bled, and tranny linkage sorted out... Get the front alignment done, and its a driver. :cool:

Get the "C" put on and its ready to show... in March at our local Benefit show, the Medford show in April, Oakland, OR in May, Show and Shine in July, and maybe Puyallup, Good Guys, the end of July.

15. handy_andy_cv64

If you commit to going to Good Guys in July, I'll be there. Your car is worth seeing in person.

16. PonyExpressRider

Not sure yet... but a good possibility... should have a good idea of Gas mileage by then... may have to trailer it up there if the mileage totally sucks.... pun intended!!! LOL Am looking forward to getting it on the road, and in some shows.

Got the battery tray resolved... kind of cool that I can just jump in and fire it up... Still on schedule for the shop, working Stainless still... I totally understand why having it done is so frick'n expensive.

17. PonyExpressRider

A MOMENTOUS DAY!!!

Basstrix likes this.
  18. PonyExpressRider

Working on finishing the stainless today...

19. handy_andy_cv64

Haha! That is great, though you looked like you nearly stalled it, I think you just jumped on your brakes.

20. Jeff B

Jeff B In Maximum Overdrive BRONZE MEMBER

Well done. Happy for you.