50 YEARS OF THE TORINO /JUNE 1-3 Carlisle Pa

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by andrewok1, Dec 9, 2017.

1. andrewok1

andrewok1 In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER SILVER MEMBER

[​IMG] I WILL BE GOING /ANDY

[​IMG]
    HONOR 50 YEARS OF THE FORD TORINO IN 2018
    From Movie Cars to Privately Owned Rides – It’s all at Carlisle

In 1968 Ford Motor Company introduced its intermediate line with a new body and new styling. Along with the new body and styling came a new subseries in the Fairlane line - the Torino. The Fairlane name continued to be used for more economical models and the Torino was considered a sub-series to the Fairlane during this same time. In 1971, the Fairlane name was dropped altogether and all Ford intermediates were branded with the Torino badge. This name, by the way, was one of several originally proposed for what we now know as the Mustang. The Torino also has a Mercury variant in the Mercury Montego line.

The Torino ran from 1968 to 1976 and also had a great racing history in NASCAR as well with the Torino Talladega and the Torino King Cobra which are quite collectible today. The Torino also has had its share of the lime light in pop culture, with appearances in the Starsky & Hutch TV series and movie as well as the Clint Eastwood "Gran Torino" movie and in the 2009 edition of the Fast & Furious.

Torino-based race cars, Starsky & Hutch rides and more are coming to Carlisle. But it’s not just the cars. The display will also include merchandise, memorabilia and other unique pieces of Torino history. If you have something unique to bring to this once-in-a-lifetime milestone display, apply today via the invitational link below.

2. ribald1

ribald1 Banned PLATINUM MEMBER

Should be fun!
    Take pics.

3. FordR500GT

FordR500GT In Maximum Overdrive BRONZE MEMBER

That's a long way from Ocala

4. andrewok1

andrewok1 In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER SILVER MEMBER

yea ,it is but it will be a pleasant cruise , me Chero is very road worthy ,when i leave home i do not look back ;)

5. FordR500GT

FordR500GT In Maximum Overdrive BRONZE MEMBER

That's the way to do it