New Members ( Introduce Yourself)

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Center' started by Rancherous, Oct 25, 2004.

1. FordR500GT

FordR500GT In Maximum Overdrive BRONZE MEMBER

Maybe when the site was maintained and refreshed, you lost your account. Welcome back!

2. tertab28

tertab28 In Fourth Gear

Welcome back. Back injury has kept me off my '72 Ranchero, Dory. Plan on starting on her again after the first of year

FordR500GT likes this.
  3. Bwirsching

Bwirsching In First Gear

Hello ... Introducing myself here. I've just inherited a '65 Ranchero from my dad after he recently passed. I don't even have the car yet. I know it has a new motor and trans, new tires and wheels - that's about it. I've had a '64 C10 pickup before and that was a learning experience. Not too proud to ask for, and receive, advise. Look forward to building this car in my dad's memory and to getting to know this group.

4. 1965 Ranchero 66G

1965 Ranchero 66G In Maximum Overdrive Unubtanium Member

Welcome to the forum, lots of great people and information in here. Looking forward to seeing your progress. Sorry for the passing of your father.

Bwirsching likes this.
  5. Bwirsching

Bwirsching In First Gear

Thank you. I’ll be building this with my three year old son ... which should slow down the work considerably but he’s super excited.

6. ribald1

ribald1 Banned PLATINUM MEMBER

You will be amazed at how fast he learns tool names.
    Just don't let the wife see him sucking on a greasy wrench (I speak from experience).

Bwirsching likes this.
  7. ou8jaime

ou8jaime In Second Gear

Welcome aboard. Can't wait to see the progress.

Bwirsching likes this.
  8. Bwirsching

Bwirsching In First Gear

If that’s the worst thing to happen I’ll be in good shape.

9. MariVandaFord

MariVandaFord In First Gear

Hello... I have a 1963 Ranchero named Swamp Maiden (or Swampy). Had it for a bout 4 years and am slowly learning the ins and outs (usually just when things go wrong).It’s got a 302 and is automatic. My old mechanic wasn’t much into helping me learn to fix things myself of course so here I am.
    -Marivanda

Bwirsching likes this.
  10. ribald1

There are some here who rightfully earned the title 'old mechanic', and some of them have not slipped so far into senility that they can be a bit of help when you need it.
    Just kidding, there in only one person here that is over 90, and he may actually be younger than that.
    Ask any question you want, odds are good that someone here will be able to help you out.

Bwirsching likes this.
  11. NeillNZ

NeillNZ In Second Gear

I have joined this forum after meeting a fellow member online. Together we are working on a reproduction printed circuit for a '72 -'73 Torino. This is the printed circuit without tach, which is not currently reproduced. I am based in New Zealand and have so far produced 8 different designs of printed circuit and sold around 200 to date. The ones I have done are for Australian cars from the lates 60's into the late 70's, 7 Ford and one GM. My car is an Australian Falcon which has a 351 Cleveland, 9" etc. I'm building my car as a Madmax tribute car.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    Bwirsching likes this.
  12. andrewok1

andrewok1 In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER SILVER MEMBER

HEY ,i see you found the Rancheros/WELCOME

13. MariVandaFord

MariVandaFord In First Gear

haha by old, i only meant PREVIOUS. i would cherish an old mechanic for im sure theyd be more willing to teach me or help.

14. Brandon Graves

Brandon Graves In First Gear

Hello everyone, I’m Brandon from Southern California. I’m currently working on a 66 Ranchero 289 C-4. I’ve been a mechanic since the 90’s and have played with mainly mustangs and cougars. First time restoring a Ranchero. Thanks

15. ribald1

Welcome aboard.
    A Ranchero is just a Mustang that grew up.

MariVandaFord likes this.
  16. DeepBarney

DeepBarney In Second Gear

And along those lines remember, "Real workers don't wear bowties."

Also, pics please.

17. Mark Richert

Mark Richert In First Gear

Hello Ranchero USA!
    I've just inherited a Falcon Ranchero project. It's sort of a barn find too.
    Over twenty years ago my Uncle died. He had a Ranchero project going on. My Aunt had it put into a storage unit and forgot about it. She died a few years ago. The storage fee has been paid by their estate and has been unopened for about twenty years.
    It's still unopened, but the daughters have offered it to me so I can complete the build. I'm excited to be able to complete his car.
    I'm not new to Fords either. I'm the original owner of a '77 Bronco, and do all the work on it myself.

I'm hoping to use this forum for build info as well as to help others with technical issues with these vintage vehicles.

PonyExpressRider likes this.
  18. PonyExpressRider

PonyExpressRider In Maximum Overdrive

Welcome... been here a few years now... haven't noticed anyone too proud to tell you what they know! or think! LOL!!! Sounds like fun not just building the car, but getting your son started early... should make for some great memories! Almost done with the full restoration of my '69 that was my Uncles. He passed in '12, and I got it from my Aunt.

Bwirsching likes this.
  19. PonyExpressRider

PonyExpressRider In Maximum Overdrive

Welcome Mark... My Uncle passed in '12, and I acquired his Ranchero from the back of his shop where it had been sitting since 1979... I am almost done, My Aunt keeps telling me how big my Uncles smile is!

20. Mark Richert

Mark Richert In First Gear

Thanks! I'm really looking forward to this.
    All I remember is him resolving the difference in front and rear lug patterns, and that he was building a HP 289 for it.