Merry Christmas Ranchero.US!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by ForistellFord, Dec 12, 2018.

1. plumcolr

plumcolr In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

"Just the black", huh? Wear that with pride because a good black finish is tough to come by.

beerbelly likes this.
  2. sarah

sarah Pic Moderator Staff Member

I'm proud to say I did that....its far from perfect but looks pretty damn good to me. I even bought a gravity feed paint gun to do it right. Grouch is still grumpy, last year we had to take the transfer case out to have it rebuilt because grouch did not like the snow anymore then we had to rebuild the front drive shaft 1200 later it will now plow the snow again...that is if we ever get any. Now here is the stunning news..... We sold the Crown Vic PI because of the new addition. Turns out it only held the driver and four kids, with the granddaughter we had to go larger. Since we couldn't find a short bus to build up with flames, blower and take the s and h off of it to make it the Cool bus we ended up OUR CHOICE getting a 2001 Chevy Suburban with all of the bells and whistles because Klaus refuses to work on a Triton. So now our third row seating is huge.... but I love it. It gets kicked to the curb when its time for RED and I to go out and play. HILLBILLY...... how the heck are you man. You need to call sometime I miss kickin' the dirt with ya.

As for the timeslips in RED we took him down only the one time when Tom Thornburg met us and we played his baby blue 71 with the 429 and RED. His Chero now belongs to his son and Tom is building Studie's now some with serious muscle. He's getting into the Hotrods more.

3. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

So, like 15 seconds?

ForistellFord likes this.
  4. andrewok1

andrewok1 In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER SILVER MEMBER

5. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

That has to be one of the dumbest Santa images I have ever seen.

andrewok1 likes this.
  6. 1965 Ranchero 66G

1965 Ranchero 66G In Maximum Overdrive Unubtanium Member

I love it, Great pic and it aint Christmas until the man with the big white whiskers says so.

7. andrewok1

yea .you will like this then
    [​IMG]

8. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

9. sarah

sarah Pic Moderator Staff Member

Yeah back dang that's been 15 years ago.....he ran high 15s he's a brute now

10. Oculto

Oculto In Second Gear GOLD MEMBER SILVER MEMBER

Merry Christmas to all of you. Wishing all the best of health and happiness to you. 20181221_162103_resized.jpg 20181221_162111_resized.jpg 20181221_163502_resized_1.jpg Thank you for all the information you have offered throughout the year as well as the kind words. I'm happy to say that Christmas has come early. I finally found some decent bed trim, bumpers and a camper shell (I'm not sure I really need it). Does anyone have any suggestions for places to get stuff chromed and how much it might be?

andrewok1 likes this.
  11. andrewok1

Those are some nice presents for a Ranchero owner to receive any time of year ,, Merry Chrismas
    ANDY

12. Huevos

Huevos In Maximum Overdrive

Cindy, Oculto and andrewok1 like this.
  13. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

And if you are missing the left-side overrider for the front bumper, I have a pair for sale, $20 each plus shipping. Darned hard to remove if the inner bumper's rusted to Hell and the bolt refuses to move.

14. Dan the ranchero man

Dan the ranchero man MODERATOR Staff Member

First I want to throw out a big HELLO and Merry Christmas to Sarah! Glad to see you are doing well and well as Red. You picked black as your first color to paint and it looks great! Have not been around here to much lately because been pretty busy myself.
    Oculto: I have a Daughter that lives in Abq NM and when I am out that way to see her always like try and to meet some of the ranchero members if I can. just met Todd (aquartlow) in Florida when I went to see my mom. So you never know. Merry Christmas to everyone here and hope to visit a little more in 2019. Take care Dan the ranchero man.

Oculto and ForistellFord like this.
  15. beerbelly

beerbelly In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Merry Christmas to all. I hope you get your Ranchero projects finished up over the winter so you can get out there next year and drive 'em!

Happy New Year too, and have beer for me!

Oculto likes this.
  16. Garbageman

Garbageman In Overdrive

Merry Christmas. And God Bless us, everyone.

Oculto and ForistellFord like this.
  17. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Agreed. Borderline gay (not that there is anything wrong with that).
    My 87 LaBaron convertible ran mid-16's, but it did have the V6.

18. Oculto

Unfortunately I just purchased one. Darn it. But thank you so much for the offer.

19. Oculto

It would be great to visit when ever your in town. The more I can learn about my car the better off I am.

20. Dan the ranchero man

Dan the ranchero man MODERATOR Staff Member

Would love to share and help out were I can. I have had my 74 ranchero for 37 years now and the 79 for 30 years. Both have had frame offs so know my around them pretty well but I am always still learning more too! Take care Dan