Pray for DENNIS Crenshaw

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by sarah, Apr 8, 2019.

1. scbarger

scbarger Banner Maker

Prayers out to him for a speedy recovery!
    Glade he didn't hit a deer in Rusty that truck might have split in half.

TestDummy and ForistellFord like this.
  2. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I'd chose a rusty car over a motorcycle in a deer crash, every single time.

Hillbilly and ForistellFord like this.
  3. plumcolr

plumcolr In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Don't know him, but sure hope he comes out of this OK. You all seem to think highly of him and I will take that as my lead. Prayers.

4. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Yeah he's one of the good guys, plumcolr. And he's been through some big injury events in his time too. He'll bounce back.

5. Hillbilly

Hillbilly In Maximum Overdrive

He is one of the good guys and I hope FF is right about him bouncing back. Known Dennis for many years, he's always been willing to offer a helping hand no matter how crappy the project was that he was handed. Couldn't ask for a better ear to bend when needing advice too.

ForistellFord likes this.
  6. Basstrix

Basstrix In Maximum Overdrive BRONZE MEMBER

Wishing Dennis the in best his recovery.

7. sarah

sarah Pic Moderator Staff Member

Well my understanding is he doesn't have Rusty anymore. Last post I saw they won't do surgery until he can breathe on his own. Having been down this path with Klaus if he has a collapsed lung they put a chest tube in and if he is having difficulty breathing on his own I'm thinking and God knows this time I hope I am wrong but they may have intubated him until his lung heals so this is not a small scratch it's not deaths door like when he crashed his truck when the road washed out. What I do know, is Dennis loves God and praises him daily and I know Ann has given him to God to do as he wishes. It's all in his hands right now and I have all the faith there is that God's will .....will be done. I'm praying hard for the family.

8. Jimbob

Jimbob SITE SUPPORTER- SILVER GOLD MEMBER

I don't know Dennis either, but wishing him a speedy recovery.

9. 1965 Ranchero 66G

1965 Ranchero 66G In Maximum Overdrive Unubtanium Member

I have seen Dennis's posts but have never interacted with him, sounds like it's going to be a long road, hang in there and hoping for a complete recovery.

10. TestDummy

Here's more info (I have my sources).

Busted shoulder, shattered collarbone, bruised heart, 5 ribs cracked, road rash on face, bruised up everywhere else. Talkin about doing surgery in the next day or so, just waiting on his heart to see if he can take it. He also has a busted spleen and a hole in his left lung, which has collapsed as we know.

Yikes!!!!

11. andrewok1

andrewok1 In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER SILVER MEMBER

Thanks SARAH,
    This could not have been said anybetter ,than your words are written ;

I'm thinking and God knows this time I hope I am wrong but they may have intubated him until his lung heals so this is not a small scratch it's not deaths door like when he crashed his truck when the road washed out. What I do know, is Dennis loves God and praises him daily and I know Ann has given him to God to do as he wishes. It's all in his hands right now and I have all the faith there is that God's will .....will be done. I'm praying hard for the family.

12. 1965 Ranchero 66G

1965 Ranchero 66G In Maximum Overdrive Unubtanium Member

Hmm, this is when drugs are good, hopefully the pain is minimal, after more than a few surgery's I have had, they say you don't remember the pain... I have to disagree.

TestDummy and ForistellFord like this.
  13. HVAC22

HVAC22 In Third Gear GOLD MEMBER

ForistellFord and TestDummy, y'all make great points but I believe the men and women from his generation have the fortitude to overcome way more adversities than the cupcakes of the present time. With support, love and encouragement from his friends and family he will survive. Prayers for his family are most important because he and they have a long road ahead. I'm pulling for you Dennis!

14. CJ Guy

CJ Guy In Maximum Overdrive

Damn, all the shit he has been through and this...

ForistellFord and TestDummy like this.
  15. TestDummy

Yep. And now this......

16. andrewok1

andrewok1 In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER SILVER MEMBER

NEW update ,
    TODAY by Stephanie Croom, Organizer
    UPDATE: dad is being moved to ICU, if he does well through the night they will go ahead with his shoulder surgery in the morning. Dad is in good spirits! The blood drainage from his lung has slowed waaay down and now we just wait! Prayers are welcomed! And we thank you all for your time and concern!!!

17. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Sean, Sarah- any updates?

18. TestDummy

Well, probably, but don't count out the skill of the doctors and nurses. I'm pretty confident in their abilities.
    Nothing on my end.

19. sarah

sarah Pic Moderator Staff Member

From Stephanie last night
    UPDATE: dad is being moved to ICU, if he does well through the night they will go ahead with his shoulder surgery in the morning. Dad is in good spirits! The blood drainage from his lung has slowed waaay down and now we just wait! Prayers are welcomed! And we thank you all for your time and concern!!!

from Ann this morning Ann Crenshaw just called and said Dennis had a good night in ICU so now they are waiting on the Doctor to come in and give the okay for his shoulder surgery today. Dennis is in good spirits and he knows God has him. Continued Prayers please for Dennis and Ann.

Dennis is a fighter...... folks you are seeing the power of Prayer
    GOD IS GOOD

20. TestDummy

The lack of respect given the medical community here is sort of unsettling (my uncle and cousin are doctors, and my Mom and sister nurses). I guarantee you that the doctors and nurses are working to save him as hard as God is. Give them some props, please.

Hillbilly likes this.