460 Motor Mounts

Discussion in 'Ranchero Parts Wanted' started by rat-racing, Mar 16, 2019.

1. rat-racing

rat-racing In Second Gear

WTB 460 motor mounts for 1976 Ranchero. I am doing a motor swap from a 400 to a 460

2. Trojan

Trojan In First Gear

Lemme know if you get a 2 offers, I'm wanting the same swap lol

3. Freestyle Don

Freestyle Don In Third Gear BRONZE MEMBER

4. Trojan

Trojan In First Gear

5. Freestyle Don

Freestyle Don In Third Gear BRONZE MEMBER

I`ve used Rockauto for other parts. I don`t have a `76 460 Ranchero. Just sharing info. Contact them w/questions?

they have good prices and no disappointments YET.

6. aquartlow

aquartlow In Maximum Overdrive

7. Trojan

Trojan In First Gear

I figured. I was looking at the speedway weld in mounts, then just make a frame plate to weld the mount to, keep it "bolt on" as possible. Really should be easier with how many vehicles ran the same mounts lol

8. aquartlow

aquartlow In Maximum Overdrive

I believe Crites sells "their version" of 429/460 intermediate mounts, seen pics of them and not real impressed with the finished product but at least someone out-there is trying for us. I was looking at fabbing up mounts a few years backs, but I found a couple sets of factory mounts. If you can fab up the Speedway mounts, may make life easier-less costly. Just remember if installing headers and/or aftermarket oil pan, get the engine in the exact same "place" as the original mounts if at all possible. Good luck.

Trojan likes this.
  9. Dan the ranchero man

Dan the ranchero man MODERATOR Staff Member

Here are direct bolt in mounts you can use if you don't mind using a used set. 72-76 Thunder birds ALL had 429/460's in them and have the same engine bay cradle as the 72-79 ranchero. So if you live in an area where you can find one of these in a bone yard those are a direct fit. (I am using a set on my 79 ranchero from a 76 t-bird I used to own)
    also the following cars with a 460 would have the same mounts.
    72-76 torino/Montego
    74-76 Cougar/elite
    The 72-76 Lincoln mark would be the same as the T-bird and the Lincoln mark from 77-78 would work too but watch out because some of those did have 400's in them as an option. Hope this will help you out.

rancheromac and Trojan like this.