Daily Headline

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by TestDummy, Jul 26, 2017.

1. 1965 Ranchero 66G

1965 Ranchero 66G In Maximum Overdrive Unubtanium Member

Growing up I was always told that they were mosquito eaters, I graduated to bat houses, one bat can eat 1K mosquitoes an hour. I have 4 bat houses that I built on my property, being close to the lake I am not mosquito free but damn near close + the bats help me keep my AG Exemption along with the bee hives and minimal livestock.

Basstrix likes this.
  2. 72GTVA

72GTVA Administrator Staff Member

3. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

No, not for a while, why?

4. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I have a similar knife in my mini-collection, and have never been turned away at the TSA.
    batknife.jpg

5. Jimbob

Jimbob SITE SUPPORTER- SILVER GOLD MEMBER

They are probably too distracted by the rest of your Batman Costume. lol

6. TestDummy

Yeah, so what.

Jimbob likes this.
  7. colnago

colnago In Maximum Overdrive

The family just spent two weeks in Orlando. To fight their skeeters, they "engineered" a beetle they call "love bugs." They mate for 3 - 4 days, the male dies, the female lays her eggs, and the cycle repeats itself. The locals said that it didn't really help with the skeeters, either, so now they just have twice the fun.

Joseph

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
  8. ForistellFord

9. 72GTVA

72GTVA Administrator Staff Member

Wait for it... wait for it... my mailbox is gonna crash now because the topic is a proxy resurrection of the "hey al" thread in whacky world...

10. ForistellFord

Oh, no sir. This is a funny thread. I just thought it was funny that they keep having to change it to suit the latest needs.

Why would people blow up your mailbox when they could just yell at me instead? Chickens?

11. ForistellFord

1965 Ranchero 66G and beerbelly like this.
  12. 1965 Ranchero 66G

To far, over the edge and hopefully not beyond repair, I worry about the world my kids are inheriting, not supposed to get political in here so I won't. Go T...p.

13. rfinnegan

rfinnegan In Fourth Gear

I read a few different reports about this and it looks like an obvious money grab. Fear of food? Really?
    Based on what I read he won’t be able to prove he received fewer hash browns based on his race.
    That said, the manager was a dick and Hardee’s would be wise to jettison his ass before he gets them in deep next time.

14. Huevos

Huevos In Maximum Overdrive

I would be pissed if they didn't give me enough Bacon.. Because,.. You know.. Bacon!...

15. colnago

colnago In Maximum Overdrive

Hey, in California, you can't be discriminated against for your hairstyle. So, hash browns is "small potatoes" in comparison.

Joseph

ForistellFord likes this.
  16. 1965 Ranchero 66G

No PC in my DNA , so I will sit this one out.

ForistellFord likes this.
  17. TestDummy

My daughter got sick and hurled after eating at Arby's when she was 3 or 4. She hasn't forgotten it, and refused to eat there to this day. No loss. They suck.

18. 1965 Ranchero 66G

I don't blame her, any meat that has a rainbow look to it, that would be a no. Although I did like the beef and cheddar sandwich, but that saw at a time in my life that I would have eaten anything especially the pink, oh never mind.

19. TestDummy

I remember going to McDonalds back when I actually went to McDonalds. A friend bit into his Quarter Pounder (w/cheese) and found half of an inch long purple thing dangling out of the 'meat'. It was almost rubber, but would squish into a paste. The manager didn't know what it was, big surprise. I remember asking him what part of a cow was purple and rubbery.

1965 Ranchero 66G likes this.
  20. TestDummy

Suspects Arrested Following Armed Robbery on 5th Street SW

Not a big deal headline, unless you know the backstory. Dude and friend point gun at lady and demand money. She hands over money, and then calls the cops. What the news doesn't know is, these same dudes sold this lady some meth earlier in the day, and she paid them in counterfeit money. They didn't like it. She will soon being joining them in lock up. I love small town living.

https://www.nbc29.com/story/40730151/cpd-suspects-arrested-following-armed-robbery-on-5th-street-sw