Truck Conversation

Discussion in 'General Ranchero Help' started by Rods N Restos, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Rods N Restos

Rods N Restos In Overdrive

Once you mentioned this I got out my tablet and logged onto the forum
    Now I see everyones Signature with vehicles or what they wrote.

I always thought Joseph was colnago Signature but he must sign all his posts and now I see his Signature is 64 Ranchero Deluxe and 67 F250

So I don't see any Signatures on my Samsung Galaxy S8 phone using Google Chrome,
    On my Ellipsis 7 Tablet with Google Chrome it shows everyone's Signature including my own.
    Thanks for the intell everyone

2. Rods N Restos

Guess I need to view the forum with my tablet to see what people own but all my photos are all on my phone so have to use it for most of my posts, or atleast anthing I need to include photo.

Thanks for Help Everyone

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
  3. colnago

colnago In Maximum Overdrive

That is correct. Blah blah blah, then Joseph at the end. Everything in red is my signature, as set up on my Signature page. Now that I see you got it working, I'll have to change colors, too.

When I first bought my Ranchero, I figured the F250 would find a new home. But I couldn't generate any interest. Now that I have both, I can't imagine making dump runs in my Ranchero! I occasionally think of selling the truck and buying something newer, but then I figure that this is probably the cheapest truck I could find! Other than the fuel mileage … that just stinks, but the FE engine was never designed to be an economical block. And when I'm hauling a load, I really don't care about fuel mileage.

Joseph

4. Rods N Restos

Joseph those 67 F250 are awesome.
    Wish I had one for tow vehicle but would have to swap out the FE to a 429 385 series engine
    I actually love the 67-72 F series trucks they had the body feature on side stick out then 73-79 they had the curved indent in side of body.

I had a rare 74 F100 Ranger with 460 and toolbox in side of bed.
    It was black with dark red interior
    It would smoke that 1 wheel peel tire till it hooked then giddie up and go like a rocket

5. colnago

colnago In Maximum Overdrive

We call the 67 - 72 Bumps, because they "bump out" on the sides. We call the 73 - 79 Dents, because they "dent in" on the side.

Love those trucks, but those FEs are thirsty engines. I have a rebuilt 352, and she still can't get 10MPG in-town. I have the crank and connecting rods from a 390, so one of these days, I'll rebore the block and turn her into a 390. I hear they get a bit better mileage because they have a higher compression ratio, and better low-end torque.

Joseph

6. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Some of us call them "Bumpsides" and "Dentsides." 80-86 are "Bullnose," 87-91 is "Bricknose," and 92-96 is "Aerobrick."

colnago likes this.
  7. Rods N Restos

I have heard of Dentside but didn't know what they meant as I was thinking of the old Stepside beds.
    Also heard them called Fleetside when it's not a Stepside bed

8. handy_andy_cv64

I have a photo on my computer, from the 1978 New York Auto Show, and I may have posted it here, but the shot is of the Ford Truck section, with Chevy and others in the background. Two nice '78 Flaresides (Fordspeak, the Chebbies were 'Stepsides') are prominent in the pic.

9. Rods N Restos

Wish I had money for this bumpside.
    It needs engine and trans but I could throw a 351C and C4 at it and drive as is as it has a cool patina

Attached Files:

10. handy_andy_cv64

I think 'patina' is waaaaayyyyy overrated, and certainly never grounds for monetary speculation, but I will say that truck's not swaybacked, so it likely has a straight and healthy frame. I second the Windsor, but I would back it to an updated AOD. Just my two cents' worth.

11. Rods N Restos

It sold.
    I got enough projects

12. handy_andy_cv64

Man, that's crazy talk! Too many is never enough!

I was at the Pick n Nose this morning, took some interior parts off a '95 F150 5.8/M5OD, that combo would've been perfect, with a hydro clutch conversion kit. Carb the 5.8, without touching the cam (F4TE engine), and stab a decent electronic dizzy in it, you'd be all set. But, your truck's gone.

13. Rods N Restos

Well first of all don't have the money to build the 3 we have so don't need to spend money on another project no matter how cool it is.
    Money is better spent on shop equipment or projects we already own