Coronavirus part 2

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by beerbelly, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Rancherous

Rancherous Administrator Staff Member

Yes people can have it and never know it, if that is what you are asking, saying as long as 14 day incubation. Learning a lot about it being in NY.

2. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I've read about people that were sick with it for almost a month, and others that kick it in a day. Now tigers have it. Without more testing we will never know. It's a debacle of the highest order. My neighbor is an ER nurse in town and because of PPE shortages she has one mask to use all week. She says they've turned away hundreds of people that they were certain to have had it, because their symptoms weren't severe because they only have a few tests per day to give. And this was two days ago. Pathetic.

I think I had it 6 days after my daughter came home from Barcelona (on the last plane out). I woke up sore all over, sort of short of breath, and a 100° fever. I popped some zinc tablets down, drank a gallon of water, cut the grass and sealed the deck instead of laying around.

3. 65restomod

65restomod In Overdrive BRONZE MEMBER

I saw the other day on TV that a doctor indicated that he has had success with treating cases that were severe with a combination zinc and hydroxychloroquine.
    IIRC he said the zinc opens up the the passages and then the Hydo will do the rest and it will not work as a preventive.

4. beerbelly

beerbelly In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

5. TestDummy

Zinc has been shown, for decades, to help fight off viruses. There isn't enough research about this other treatment. I need more than a few anecdotal stories, but I'm a researcher and stats matter.

6. 65restomod

65restomod In Overdrive BRONZE MEMBER

7. TestDummy

8. Rancherous

Have heard amazing results with the drug. We are importing millions and millions and millions of doses?? I would think the powers that be are on to something, the Doctors will always air on the side of caution when reporting results, we would love a 2 year study but no time for that. Drs all over the World are prescribing it already.

9. TestDummy

Too many are taking it, or are trying to get it, because of all of this hype, leaving little for those it has the potential to help. But, that's how American's roll.

10. Rancherous

Really?? I know a lady that takes it and had no problem getting it for her RA. Maybe a State issue?

11. Rancherous

If it saves just one Child its worth it LOL.

12. RANCHEROROB

RANCHEROROB In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Or a MADE UP ISSUE to make someone :rolleyes: look bad.

13. Rancherous

Yep making it up

Janet Cudney-Dickman
    March 26 at 8:57 AM ·
    This is horrible. I take this medication and thankfully I recently filled a 90 day supply. I truly hope this isn't going to be the directive for everyone go forward.

However, if one of my family was in need of the medication, I'd forego taking it for them.

"The fact that they thanked me for my 'sacrifice' is disturbing," she told BuzzFeed News. "I never agreed to sacrifice my health and possibly my life and cannot believe that I am being forced to do so."
    [​IMG]

TestDummy likes this.
  14. TestDummy

Yeah, my friend Joe made it up. Your tin foil hat fell off again Rob :)

15. Rancherous

All I was trying to say is that there does not seem to be a shortage HERE. I am not saying this is not the case anywhere else but there were also other people on her feed who got their medication as well. That's why I said maybe a State Issue?

16. TestDummy

State issue. Probably internal pharmacy protocols (CVS, Walgreen, etc.). Area. Sure. Most things are regional. In the six counties that make up central VA there were 100 total cases as of yesterday, with no deaths. Of course, they aren't really testing anyone, but the hospital ICU's are full, so who knows. By comparison, Oakland County, MI, where I used to live, 3,300 cases, almost 200 dead.

17. parts4me

parts4me In Maximum Overdrive

I'm in Nebraska and we know nothing of the virus. Hell we can even go outside whenever we want. No restrictions at all.

18. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I'm in Seguin, in Guadalupe County, Texas, and more or less between San Antonio and Austin. Except New Braunfels, we can move around as long as we don't contact each other. Hell, yesterday, my friend and I ran up to a junkyard by I-35 North of Waco, to snag parts for my Ranchero and his Comanche, and for a Monday morning, I-35 was about deserted; for late afternoon, it looked like a Sunday morning.

19. Huevos

Huevos In Maximum Overdrive

20. TestDummy

We live in the sticks (not Nebraska sticks) and can go out when we want too. Just can't hang out at stores in groups. +
    The video is awesome. He lost it on a straight road. He lost talent more than traction.
    I watched this live last week. Armed robbery suspects being chased from Detroit up into the suburbs, on mostly deserted roads. The cops backed off when they sped through red lights, then had them cornered a few times in neighborhoods only to have them escape, and finally, like the Gemballa, the fools just lost control. Watching live I thought for sure they were dead.
    https://www.fox2detroit.com/video/669508

Basstrix likes this.