351m headers?

Discussion in 'Ranchero Tech Help' started by JerryDaWolfman, May 3, 2020.

1. JerryDaWolfman

JerryDaWolfman In Second Gear

Hey guys! I’m looking for some headers that’ll fit a 351m with a C6. I’ve found some but are not wanting to pay over $500 for some. So I’m wondering what y’all are running on yours? Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

2. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Be careful, the car ones are slightly smaller than the truck ones, otherwise, I would've offered the Hedman set I had a few years ago. Unless you want to drag your long tubes....

3. JerryDaWolfman

I’d prefer not to drag lol

4. LSChero

LSChero In Maximum Overdrive PLATINUM MEMBER

I bought a 76 donor ranchero with 400M that had hedman headers on it.Not sure part number,but may have been the 88320 you looked at
    on summit web.Calls out C4 only but you can bend the collectors a little to clear trans linkage.Been there,done that.Summit has no hassle
    return as well if they are not even close.Look at the better hooker 69134HKR as well.Wont hurt to call manufacture for suggestions.Good luck!
    [​IMG]

JerryDaWolfman likes this.
  5. JerryDaWolfman

Thank you sir!

6. JerryDaWolfman

Do you know if it’s the same bore size?

7. tony o

tony o In Third Gear

8. Jeff B.

Jeff B. In Third Gear GOLD MEMBER

It’s been awhile, but when I was looking for headers for my 400M w/C6 a few years ago the only thing I could find that would fit were the Hooker Super Comps so that’s what I went with. Expensive! A contributing reason for having roughly double the amount of money “invested” in my ‘74 500 than what I could ever hope to get back out of it!

9. Robbtroy

Robbtroy In Second Gear

Just received these this morning, (05/05/2020) Bite the bullet, it only hurts until you bolt them up, But totally worth it.....
    And I have an E4OD behind a 400, No issues in fitting at all...

Attached Files:

10. pmrphil

pmrphil In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Cylinder bore size? o_O Yes. Everything on the outside of a 351M and 400M is exactly the same, as far as headers would go.

11. LSChero

LSChero In Maximum Overdrive PLATINUM MEMBER

Guessin header tube 1 5/8",was 5 years ago.Headers were crushed at collectors and went to scrap yard along with rest of the heap.400 went in 72 till I got 5.0HO built.Installed cast logs with 2.5" pipe,30"packs.Ran great for 3 years,tons of torque.Pretty much killed the FMX,destroyed the rear tires.
    [​IMG]

beerbelly likes this.
  12. Kris S.

Kris S. In Second Gear

Those are the same ones I have too. Sucks though because they are not painted with heat resistant paint. So it'll burn off over time. I was a bit peeved about that.

13. tony o

tony o In Third Gear

6125-1HKR. Ceramic coated. Jegs $965.95

14. Kris S.

Kris S. In Second Gear

Saw those ones, decided I will just do them myself when the time comes. Blast and paint.