Getting paid from Ebay and Paypal

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by 65restomod, Jan 19, 2021.

1. 65restomod

65restomod In Overdrive BRONZE MEMBER

I have a Ebay account that I opened last year to sell some small things just for kicks.
    I also have a Paypal account which I use to get paid from and buy things.
    It now appears that if you sell on Ebay your payment will not go into Paypal but another pay system similer to PP. and direct deposit to your bank account ( savings or checking)
    It now looks like one has to reregister on Ebay and will need to give them your SS # and bank account number!

This is for real and you can find messages on you Ebay account if you doubt me.
    My question is any body else seeing this?
    It looks like you may be able to still purchase from Ebay with PP but not get paid from Ebay through PP
    Below is the latest message
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Let’s put money directly in your pocket*
    We now manage the end-to-end selling experience on our marketplace, including payments.

This means:

• No more PayPal payment processing fees.

• You get paid directly to your bank account, not your PayPal account.

• Most sellers will pay the same or less than before.**
    Update your account details by February 14, 2021 to continue creating new listings. It’s that simple.

Get started ➔

Please disregard this email if you’ve already updated your account details.

[​IMG]
    FAQ’s:

Why is the way I’m getting paid on eBay changing?
    We are updating the payments experience on eBay to enhance the buying and selling experience on the marketplace. We believe this is an opportunity to deliver a more seamless experience for both buyers and sellers, while offering a greater choice in payment and payout options.

Is there anything I need to do right now?
    Please update your account details, including adding your bank account information, by February 14, 2021 to ensure there are no interruptions to your ability to create new listings and avoid potential payout delays. Learn more and get started here.

How are my fees changing?
    Your eBay selling fees and expenses will be automatically deducted from your earnings before you get paid. The remainder of your earnings will go directly to your bank account, not your PayPal account. You'll no longer have to pay PayPal payment processing fees and no more separate monthly fee payments. Examples of eBay selling fees include: insertion fees, listing upgrades, and store subscription fees.

*As it relates to funds settlement.

**Savings based on annual total sales volumes, and comparisons of (a) prior eBay final value fees plus typical 3rd party payment provider fees, with (b) new eBay final value fees (without any 3rd party processing fees).

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Visit our Privacy Notice and User Agreement if you have any questions.

Copyright © eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc. 2145 Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

It's anti-trust, as it requires you to deal with them, rather than giving you a choice as to how you want to be paid. And until they're sued, and if the lawsuit is successful, and lose their collective keester over it, they are not inclined to change anything.

Buds 67 likes this.
  3. Jeff B

Jeff B In Maximum Overdrive BRONZE MEMBER

I see this as well and as a semi-frequent seller am not real keen on this. To me, Paypal gave you a 3rd party buffer between ePay and my bank. I don't see a work-around on this and am on the fence about the switch. I might open another bank account to handle only online stuff. I think Paypal was started by eBay and then sold off, so eBay does not want the extra baggage now it seems.

4. 65restomod

I am also on the fence.
    I may have run it by the wife
    Not really into creating another bank account

5. handy_andy_cv64

Yeah, see, that's what gets me--ePay created PP, and now, they can't control them, so they create a new system, but force you to use it, rather than giving you the choice?

Now all who read this thread, understand why "The Cashless Society" is utter bunko. Just a way to control our money, a way to control all of us.

6. 65restomod

They want a checking account. I would be open to another saving account ( slush fund)
    Now I need to sell stuff to bank roll another account
    PP was sold off years ago and became independent and I suspect the PP charges were too high for Ebay/

7. Boiler92

Boiler92 In Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I opened a PayPal account many years ago when it was a new thing. Edit: I just looked at my account, I joined in 2004. It did not require a link to a bank account way back then. A few years later I got several notices to verify my account by adding a bank account number. I never did and quit getting the notices.

I still use PayPal with my credit card as the only method of payment besides PayPal balance. I rarely sell anything so I normally don't have a balance to draw from.

8. 65restomod

I also link a CC to PP but it's going away from Ebay
    I will have to see what happens, more from Amazon if I have to.
    What I liked about PP and Ebay is that you have double protection if a purchase goes sideways.

9. Rancherous

Rancherous Administrator Staff Member

Its a racket

10. handy_andy_cv64

Of course it is. Not just to make extra money they are not due, but to exercise unprecedented control of money they otherwise would not be allowed to control.

11. plumcolr

plumcolr In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

It's not paranoia if they're really out to control you.

12. Jeff B

So with the new payment "system", I sold something on 2/12/2021. I had made the requested account changes a week or so before. Payment was initiated 2/12 and sent for payment on 2/26. And something internally went wrong. I got a notice overnight that "there has been a problem" and they provided a dead link for details. Followed the instructions on the eBay site to verify banking information and there was no link where there was supposed to be. Called customer circus and they said it is all fixed now, don't worry, but you will have to wait 2-3 business days for the funds to show up. And they have already skimmed their fees off the top back on the 12th. Got more stuff to list and sell, but not like this. Waiting to see IF I get paid. This is not really a hobby. Especially now that I have not been working for a while, this money helps me pay bills. Anybody else having any luck? (Or not?)

13. 65restomod

I haven't joined up with the "new" pay system E-bay is switching to.
    The whole S**t show is not good you can still pay when you buy on EB with PP but can't get paid through them.
    I have one item I am selling and will sign up to get paid but I may not list on there any more!

14. Jeff B

I will report back when I have more results. The sticky bit is they are still the best for selling, with the exposure you get and the security of not having to deal with CL or FB and having people come to the house. I rarely buy on CL an gave up selling there. Now that is a shit show.

15. 65restomod

I have to agree with you.
    I am not on FB but I have read that that is the new way to sell it also because it has has a lot of exposure .

My other go to is, as you mentioned is CL but it's that becoming a spammers/scammers paradise
    so what left flea markets ?

16. beerbelly

beerbelly In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I gotta tell you, I've never had a bad experience or a no sale on CL in the 10 years or so I've used it. I sold lots of Ranchero parts and lots of guitars. But I write the best ad I can with real good photos, and I never meet people at my home, only some public place. I also ask them to leave their phone number so I can call them before meeting. It's pretty easy to pick out the scammers, either through the email responses or talking to them on the phone. Even with the better international exposure, I gave up on FeeBay long ago.

17. 65restomod

I have also sold on CL and usually do not have a bad experience, but one time I advertised a roll around tool cart and even though I took good pictures and gave all the measurements and an adequate description the person would ask a lot of stupid questions the phone number that was associated with the emails were from a school and looked very legit.

18. handy_andy_cv64

Yeah, but looks can be deceiving. I've been trying to sell a '99 Crown Vic my friends and I had originally bought to replace a 2000 that needed to be replaced. Within ten minutes of posting, the bahstidges came out of the woodwork. The two big scams are 1) requesting you return a 'Google code' to them to prove you're legit, but it either puts malware on your computer/device or they get metadata you do not want them to have, and failing that, they 2) request you do a VIN search on any of the websites that they name. only thing is, all the nameable sites are all owned by the same offshore company, and for the easily-found info off the FTC website for VIN searching, you pay $10-30. The FTC site's free. Anyhoo, once you get rid of them, it's generally the idiots who throw their prices at you without even asking anything about what you're selling. You just need to be patient, get past them, and eventually, you'll find that buyer.

Haha, regarding #2, within 30 seconds of each other, I had two VIN requests from the same dillweed, with different phone numbers, but the texts he sent were exactly the same between both numbers.

19. Jeff B

Still have not been paid. Reset the bank info for the third time, 2 phone calls with a rep, got the "we sent your payment" email and waited 3-5 business days, again. Nothing. The additional pisser is they have been paid. Got stuff to list, but not if I won't get paid for it.

20. 65restomod

Jeff, I'm sorry for what you are going through.
    All though I have sold through eBay and gotten paid from PP I am very hesitant to sell more through their new payment system

Bob

Lincolnut and Jeff B like this.