Gas Prices

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by saxegotha, Oct 11, 2008.

1. PonyExpressRider

PonyExpressRider In Maximum Overdrive

65 MPH... 43.1 MPG... and the gas gauge reads empty? What's up with that? LOL

2. beerbelly

beerbelly In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

No, the vertical bars in the gauge show fuel level; in this case, 1/2 a tank. When they reach the red line, you'll be empty.

PonyExpressRider likes this.
  3. RANCHEROROB

RANCHEROROB In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

+ 3 Today
    New California gas tax hits Friday, bringing higher pump prices. What you need to know
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/california-gas-tax-hits-friday-120028875.html

GO ELECTRIC !!
    California approves lithium tax despite industry's warnings
    (Reuters) - California on Thursday approved a plan to tax the electric vehicle battery metal lithium to generate revenue for environmental remediation projects despite industry concerns that it will harm the sector and delay shipments to automakers.

https://news.yahoo.com/california-approves-lithium-tax-despite-025926314.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

4. PonyExpressRider

Fired up Brittany today, and parked her in the driveway while the garage got some seriously needed tiding up. Decided to go top her off before putting her back in the shade. This week is Graffiti Week starting on Wednesday and I might need to go for a drive. Premium (93) non-ethanol $6.45, the Racing fuel (110 leaded) was $9.50.

5. Monk Daveohue

Monk Daveohue In Second Gear

California has the highest prices in the country but we don't have the highest taxes.
    Even Hawaii pays less than us and they get there gas from California.
    We are always 1.50 more that the average for the country. 50 cents is the sum of higher taxes and special gas, supposedly that doesn't pollute. The rest is price fixing.
    There is an extra dollar a gallon profit for the refiners because the Republicans and the Democrats let the oil companies merge until they were an oligopoly. Hey, they sure donate a lot of money to state assembly and house reps, don't they.
    As to the "special gas", that is just a way to keep gas from the other states refiners from competing.
    And the diesel price is 1.50 more than the rest of the country, similar to the gasoline price gouging, and obviously there is no such thing as "special diesel".
    So today I saw gas around 5.70 and diesel around 6.30 at the cheapest stations.

6. Monk Daveohue

Monk Daveohue In Second Gear

The electric companies in Calif have the fix in. The don't give special rates to electric car users, they don't give special rates even to use in the middle of the night. They don't pay solar panel users more than a pittance for the surplus supplied to the grid. And NOW they want to charge solar panel uses 600 dollars a year to punish them for using solar and enrich the power companies!
    And, no, I'm not saying this because I have solar. I don't. Or an electric car either.
    I'd like to sneak some solar in.
    But it is almost impossible to get solar panels that aren't marked up 10 times what they cost.
    All the subsidies go to the contractors, not the homeowners.
    It's funny people from other states think CA is all liberal. The dems have a big majority in both houses. But it is just as corrupt with big business pulling the strings as any other southern state. They just put money next to D and R politicians both. And pour hundreds of millions into ballot initiatives.

7. grebaba

grebaba In Fourth Gear

If you don't mind using used recertified solor panel's San Tan Solor has 250 watt panel's for as low as $44.00 each.
    Most measure within 3% output of new.
    Greg

8. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Gassed up Roger the Wagon yesterday, $3.369/gallon at Buc-ees in New Braunfels.
    Mark, you make a very valid point about politicians. It doesn't matter about Red vs. Blue states, the only color that matters to the politicos, even more that the Red, White and Blue, is GREEN. And party names don't even matter, in the Civil War, the Southern Dems were full-on reactionary slave owners, and the then-new Republican Party were the Union Centrists. Over the intervening century and a half since then, the party's positions have swapped to such an extremist degree, I'm surprised no one's falling off the ends of the political yardstick. And like in Blues Brothers, the Penguin needs to lay the yardstick smackdown on those political bozo's heads...

9. PonyExpressRider

Thats assuming that you believe that the flip actually occurred. Historical facts can easily debunk that theory.

The Myth of the Republican-Democrat 'Switch' | News/Talk 1130 WISN | Dan O'Donnell (iheart.com)

Basstrix likes this.
  10. RANCHEROROB

Here we go again, most stations at $5.00 + :mad::mad::mad:
    with extremes at.....
    $6.89, Chevron 2155 Huntington Dr & Monterey Rd 4 hours ago
    $6.59, Shell 705 W Huntington Dr & Monterey Ave 15 hours ago
    $6.59, Shell 702 E Huntington Dr & Shamrock Ave 15 hours ago

11. grebaba

grebaba In Fourth Gear

Yesterday 89 in Oklahoma was $3.01.

12. Basstrix

Basstrix In Maximum Overdrive BRONZE MEMBER

Gas is back on the rise out here. Was recently at $4 for regular and now up to $4.25 in the past few days. Diesel didn't come down near as much as gasoline...I suppose I'll go refill my stash cans that I was using in the mustang.

13. Saff54

Saff54 In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Paid 4.05.9 for Sunoco 93 octane for my Chero,on the other hand I bought heating oil,150 gallons,cost almost 800.00,once it gets cold enough to heat the house that’ll last 3weeks,gonna need to close off part of the house to survive……

Buds 67 likes this.
  14. handy_andy_cv64

You can stretch the oil, my parents did so after a fight about the temperature in the house. So Dad:
    1) set the high and low temps at 55 and 62°F;
    2) paid to improve the seals around the front and rear doors;
    3) installed sealing plastic over the bay windows in the living and dining rooms, and the kitchen windows (all were very old single-pane);
    4) Mom sewed up heavy curtains for the living and dining room windows.
    My understanding is that Mom and Dad saved a great deal of money on heating oil for the time we lived in the house.

15. RANCHEROROB

16. As Is '66

As Is '66 2 Wheeled Mod Staff Member

Was happy to see $2.85 at the pumps...
    But don`tchyaknow that`s still TOO MUCH! ! !
    What with that hurricane coming it`ll be going back up soon, according to news I saw yesterday...
    NONethanol was $3.59 for my Bike

Givrsum likes this.
  17. Givrsum

Givrsum In First Gear

wow 3.59!! non-e here is 4.89. dumped 50 in the ole ford and 20 in the horse.... buck fiden

Saff54 likes this.
  18. RANCHEROROB

$7.19 for 91 octane cash. $7.29 credit

19. handy_andy_cv64

$2.929 here in South Texas, but Buc-ees will be a few cents lower.

20. RANCHEROROB

LOS ANGELES - The average price of a gallon of self-serve regular gasoline in Los Angeles County rose seven-tenths of a cent to a record $6.466 Monday, topping the previous high of $6.462 set June 14.
    Saw $7.29 cash, $7.39 credit yesterday in Agoura Hills CA.