think before you open mouth

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by john holmes, Jan 21, 2008.

1. john holmes

john holmes Guest

Everything that happens to us does not happen to please our desires. Events in our life happen as they do. Humans interpretation of these events is what causes us pain.
    Do not make up rules and expect everyone to follow them. Exercise what influence you can, and then accept what you actually get and make the best of it. In the case of everything that befalls you, remember to turn to yourself and see what faculty you have to deal with it.
    Understanding how I got to be in places where destiny faced me with such painful events, helps me understand that they were my choices that placed me there; for this reason I cannot blame anyone, nor bear ill feelings toward them. Had I not experience these events, it would have made me a complete different person, and lead me down a different path. And I would not be who I am today.

2. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Which makes me wonder, are you John Holmes the poet, the football player, the adult film 'actor', the Canadian senator? I've never been good at that thinking part :)
    Your words are very much the truth, however.

3. TestDummy

Your cheerful disposition is contagious. I now look at my daughters, playing a game together and laughing, and see how they will be left without me in the future. How sad will they be when they bury their Dad? Will it be next year, or will I live long enough to see Grandchildren? If I live long enough, will I become such an unbearable burden on them in my senior years that I will long to kill myself; only the means to do so will be out of my reach. Should I end it all now, while they are young enough to hopefully forget me sooner? And while I have a nice life insurance policy. What if I lose my job? My health? My sense of humor? Nah!

Maybe you should try to contact Sarah for some therapy. She is a very nice person who also lives in Colorado Springs. Good Luck.

4. john holmes

john holmes Guest

realy is she a good therapyst

i have been looking for one lately, i have no faith in the one s at the VA. maybe she could unwind me and relax me. give her my name and maybe i can be one of her patints, P.S. is she cost efective

5. TestDummy

Send her a PM.

6. sarah

sarah Pic Moderator Staff Member

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... therapist...... never been accused of that before hehehe however if you put a space between the e and r............ the hubby has accused me of that ... heheh sorry if I'm out of line but its funny. Welcome John... wow alot of John's around.... I'm assuming you are not the film star John. So are you an owner of a Ranchero? or do you just have a special fondness for them :D.... you live in the springs........hmmmmmmmm maybe we have crossed paths on the open road? well I've probably passed ya at any rate... Welcome aboard.