My "white trash" 79 - I love it!

Discussion in 'Ranchero Pics' started by cycledick, Sep 16, 2008.

1. cycledick

cycledick In Second Gear

I love driving this thing. I've got a topper for it now too. I need to get a better picture. It's been repainted, the interior is fine, but 30 years old. But, it starts wven when it's cold (for N. Cal), even when it's been sitting for months, EVERY TIME I TURN THE KEY!

Of course, I've got "plans" for it, but not the funds. With gas prices the way they are, I enjoy just being able to drive it. People can tailgate me, but they better not cut me off. I fear nothing in this thing! What I like is the fact that I can drive all the way across town without stepping on the gas for 90% of the trip. I can get there with it on idle!

Love the forum!

[​IMG]

2. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

That there is what a Ranchero should look like. Nice rake, nice wheels, hauling stuff, sweet.

3. sarah

sarah Pic Moderator Staff Member

welcome to the best forum on the planet... we all love the beast too....

4. HuevosRanchero

HuevosRanchero In Maximum Overdrive

lots of attitude on that one.. and they do draw a crowd!

5. TestDummy

And some of ours collect dust.......

6. trikar

trikar In Maximum Overdrive

Great looking Ranchero!:cool:

7. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

...and rust.

That is one fine looking ride! Welcome.

8. Hillbilly

Hillbilly In Maximum Overdrive

Hey man, welcome to the madness ! Very nice ride ya got there too. I kinda' like that side trim on yours cause' you just don't see many like that here in Tenn. While you're into the pics, what kind of scooters are you into ?

9. 5.0 Chero

5.0 Chero Bahumbug Staff Member

HB it was a factory two tone job..........;)

10. Torkair

Torkair In Maximum Overdrive

Thats the same trim that I have on my truck, I love the look of those old monsters! Looks like you've got snaps installed along the bed for a tonue cover as well.

11. cycledick

cycledick In Second Gear

I like the trim too, There is some trim on the driver's front quarterpanel that is grey plastic instead of chrome metal. I'm not sure where it came from, but it's ugly. Snaps for tonneau cover yes, tonneau cover, no.

Another pic of the beast. I didn't notice when I bought it that there was an area below the trim on the back that was still the original color. On the other side, it's red along the entire length of the car underneath the trim. Don't ask me why. Earl Schibe special I guess. For $80 maybe they'll paint it all, maybe not. I'm missing one of the spinners. I took the other three off so I wouldn't lose them. Anyone know what kind of rims they are?

[​IMG]

My everyday scoot. A 2002 Suzuki Bandit 600S. Love it. Big enough to go, not big enough to get me in too much trouble (now that I've gotten crashing out of my system). Suspension's a bit mushy when pushed, but that's how I know when to ease up. This pic was taken about 3 hours from the SF Bay Area in a place called Mosquito Ridge. Nice Ride, bikes everywhere.

[​IMG]

Here's one I got for a couple hundred bucks that was trashed and fixed it up, a 1981 Kawasaki KZ440LTD. Sold it and didn't lose any money! I didn't make any either. But I figured that was as good as I was gonna get.

[​IMG]

Here's one I should've kept. A 1972 CB750K2. I just loved looking at the thing. Drove like a 35 year old motorcycle, but it was so pretty. I needed the cash at the time. But, this thing was so clean you could eat off it. (Yes that's me on it several years ago - see next post for a picture of me now).

[​IMG]

12. cycledick

cycledick In Second Gear

This is what I look like now....

[​IMG]

Kidding... :D

13. TestDummy

Don't be ashamed to admit your latest career. Some of us are big fans of 'Lost' and think you do a fine job in playing Sawyer....
    [​IMG]

14. HuevosRanchero

HuevosRanchero In Maximum Overdrive

I think those might be American Vector wheels or possibly Western Turbines...

15. rwitt

rwitt In Maximum Overdrive

What ever they are, I like 'em. :)

16. cycledick

cycledick In Second Gear

:D OMG that cracked me up. If I watched Lost I might know who that is. :D But please, in the dictionary next to the word tool, is the very same picture of that guy. I am NOT a tool. I drive a Ranchero for Christ's sake.

There were a couple of Rancheros for sale in the area when I was looking. I saw the wheels on this one and knew this one was it. Cool Dukes of Hazard wheels + crazy jacked-up angle = cool.

17. ForistellFord

Sean! Of COURSE that is not him. Come on, it's pretty obvious, right? cycledick... "Dick"... "Richard"... Of course!!!

[​IMG]

Survey Says!!! We have a celebrity in our midst!!!

[​IMG]

18. sarah

I thought you were the Celeb John... after all you and the Energizer bunny are so closely connected.....

thump thump thump thump.....

good to see CD has a good sense of humor... ;)

19. sarah

Actually Cycle this is a picture of Sean and FF going to the market... they are the celebs...

[​IMG]

20. ForistellFord

No on, I may personally know EB Bunny, but that doesn't make me a celebrity. If I WAS the bunny, well...

I still love that 79.