Last Activity:
May 5, 2019
Birthday:
Jun 2, 1958 (Age: 61)
Retired

Share This Page

Budsrestmod

In First Gear, Male, 61, from Jackson, California

Hello, I'm Matthew Buchanan from Jackson, CA. My Dad and I are doing a Restmod/Pro-Touring type on a 65 Ranchero. Profile pic coming soon. May 5, 2019

Budsrestmod was last seen:
May 5, 2019
    1. Budsrestmod
      Budsrestmod
      Hello, I'm Matthew Buchanan from Jackson, CA. My Dad and I are doing a Restmod/Pro-Touring type on a 65 Ranchero. Profile pic coming soon.
  • About

Birthday:
    Jun 2, 1958 (Age: 61)
    Retired
    loginname:
    Budsrestmod
    forename:
    Matthew
    surname:
    Buchanan
    My father and I have taken the journey of doing a Restomod/Pro-Touring type restoration of a 1965 Ranchero. It all started when he purchased the Ranchero. It had a 289 in it with a Borg Warner T-10 4 speed, but still had the 4 lug suspension under it(obvious it originally came with a six cylinder).By running the numbers on the engine, I was able to find out that it was a date coded 65 289, both the engine and transmission had been pulled out of a 65 Fairlane(as per the previous owner). We began disassembly of everything, down to the bare shell and send it off to the body shop for blasting/stripping, sheetmetal replacement and primed. We brought it home, installed weld-in subframe connectors, undercoated it and mocked up the "NEW" suspension. We went with a Total Control front coilover with rack and pinion, a rear 4-link coilover system with a Moser 9" posi rearend and Wilwood 4 wheel disc brakes. All interior sheetmetal surfaces have been painted back to the original Palomino Tan, a Flaming River tilt Column installed, and Dynamat throughout. We have converted over to an AOD(Old guy comfort cruiser). Our next phase in the project is paint...the color will be the 2008 Mustang Medium Vista Blue. There has been a number of back surgeries,health, and funding issues that have postponed our progress, but quiting is NOT an option! The best part of this whole journey is having the opportunity to do this with my Father!