Birthday:
Jan 13, 1983 (Age: 38)
Artist, Mom, Entrepreneur

Share This Page

GabsMeanKitty

In First Gear, Female, 38, from the High Desert, California

GabsMeanKitty was last seen:
Mar 2, 2021
    1. There are no messages on GabsMeanKitty's profile yet.
  • About

Birthday:
    Jan 13, 1983 (Age: 38)
    Artist, Mom, Entrepreneur
    I grew up surrounded by classic and muscle car builds due to my father being a top notch mechanic, specializing in the performance tuning of American muscle. In 1973, my young, single, up and coming father bought his brand new, ordered from the factory Black Gran Torino Sport... by the time my memory kicks in, I'm about three & being scolded for putting my feet on the back of the seats, or eating in the car. My father kept his Baby (and while I was well tended, the "Baby" I speak of was the car) in pristine condition, and no one touched her.

The tragedy struck, sometime around '89... My mother for some reason had been given the rare opportunity to drive the Baby, it proved disastrous. I still remember her driving up to pick me up from kindergarten... it was traumatizing to see the entire front end shoved in, it made no sense to my young mind. I remember asking my mother what had happened, she didn't want to discuss it. I learned later that she had crashed head-on into the back of a tow truck. My father retired the Baby to the backyard, where time finished off what my mother had set in motion.

I grew up with that Torino as a fixture in my world, and I always dreamed of "fixing her up" with my dad. Time has a way of rushing forward, and rifts formed in my family. I hope to be close with my father again someday... and that car is likely still sitting in his yard, a testament to the past.

Fast forward to the present, I recently lost a good friend... one of the very first things we had in common was a love of the Torino. My friend left his weekend project to me, which is what brings me to this forum; he left me a '72 Ford Ranchero! I don't know much about what he has put into it, so I'm hoping to utilize the resources and like minded to piece together what I have, and continue the restore from here. I'm pretty stoked to be starting this new chapter in my life, and also be picking up the torch for my friend. So far, I am joined in this journey with my best friend and husband, Brian, my daughter and my son (the teens). I look forward to meeting y'all! Thanks if you read all this, lol.

[​IMG]