No I ain`t in London, begging money from you...

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by As Is '66, May 5, 2010.

1. As Is '66

As Is '66 2 Wheeled Mod Staff Member

Somebody hacked my e mail account and two folks from this site and a phone call from a friend here in GA alerted me that I have a problem...
    I can`t get into my e mail to see what it says, but they`re asking fer money, according to my buddy here in south GA......
    Seems we got the $#!++y end of the stick!!!
    Don`t send me no money to THAT address, send it to me, if you wanna send some... :D:D:D
    I spose when Ann varified our e mail account that it weren`t legit!!!
    That`s the only thing she could come up with, I`m GLAD I didn`t doit...

2. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I don't think I understand what you are saying here. Someone is sending out e-mails to people on your contact list, requesting money? And that they should send it to an address that is not yours?

3. Rancherous

Rancherous Administrator Staff Member

It was a bad copy and paste job at best and the part that said they needed to get a surgeon from Malaysia was the final nail. Like they dont have surgeons in England??

4. TestDummy

Depends on the surgeons specialty. What is wrong with him?

5. As Is '66

As Is '66 2 Wheeled Mod Staff Member

Yeah, Check with Me through a PM here and I`ll give you a good address to send money to... :D

I`m prolly MORE confused than you sean... :confused:

6. ribald1

ribald1 Banned PLATINUM MEMBER

They have socialized medicine there, so you might be better off with a surgeon from Malaysia, or Darfur for that matter.

7. TestDummy

Gosh, I hope not..........;)

8. D.B. Roberts

D.B. Roberts In Overdrive

It was actually a pretty funny attempt at scamming. Almost as good as some of the stuff coming out of the various African nations.

For your enjoyment...

Hello,

How are you doing? I am so sorry I wasn't able to inform you on time about my trip to England to visit my ill cousin. It was an emergency to me because I had to be here soon enough. I am presently in London with my ill cousin so I decided to write to you from here. She was diagnosed with a critical uterine fibroid. X-ray and scan shows that her condition is deteriorating because the fibroid has done a lot of damages to her abdominal area, and an emergency hysterectomy surgery must be carried-out to save her life. I am deeply sorry for not writing or calling you before leaving, the news of her illness arrived to me as an emergency and that she needs family support to keep her going. I had little time to prepare or even to inform people about my trip, I hope you understand my plight and pardon me. I will like you to please assist me with a soft loan, of $1500 urgently to sort-out my Cousin's bills, the hospital management is demanding for a deposit of $2500 before they can invite a surgeon from Malaysia to carry out the surgery but she has been place on a temporary medical care prior the time we make the deposit.

I traveled with little money because I never expected things to be the way it is right now. What scares me the most is that she is going through a lot of pain at the moment and the doctors have advice that, it is necessary that the tumor is operated soon to avoid anything from going wrong? I will appreciate whatever you can afford to assist me with, since I don't know your financial status at the moment. I'll pay back as soon as I return. I did not take along my phone. So it is currently switched off as I was unable to roam it with the phone company because of the time frame I had to be here, so kindly e-mail me promptly and when I get back I will give you a call I'll be pleased to read from you soon regarding my request.

Best Regards
    Dennis.

Of course, anyone who knows Dennis at all is going to know this is a fake as there is not a single Y'all or request for T&Ps included. :rolleyes: :D:D:D

9. Denny

Denny In Maximum Overdrive

I've met Dennis, and that southern country talk is just an act that he does here. In real life he looks and sounds just like a Harvard lawyer from Boston.

Oops! Sorry to give away your secret, Dennis. ;)

10. D.B. Roberts

D.B. Roberts In Overdrive

That's OK Denny, I'll still stand by what I said... :D

11. ribald1

Dennis, you better remove that trojan from you machine or you will have no end of problems.

12. Rancherous

Thats on those great windows machines right :D Trojans?
    Had to Ribald

My MAC does not come with that program

13. TestDummy

They are also in those machines in gas station restrooms.

14. Rancherous

Are they ever really Trojans in those machines?

15. Hillbilly

Hillbilly In Maximum Overdrive

That's "Haaaavvvaaaad" Denny. Our guy Dennis is as real as you can get though, I want him on my side if we ever get in a scrap. Don't let em' mess wid ya Dennis !

16. Rancherous

We all love our Dennis :D

17. TestDummy

Speak for yourself! Nobody loves that, idiotic foo....oh, Dennis, I thought you wrote Denny. Dennis is cool. My bad!

18. ribald1

You don't want to know how many MACs I have seen that bricked because the owner did not think they got viruses, or worms or trojans.
    Macs are a big problem on the networks i work on because of this myth. The users don't take security seriously.
    The bad part is that when a windows PC bricks, I can get everything back off the formatted drive. For the Mac, the odds are less than 50/50.
    If you own any machine and don't keep images of your drives and backups you are playing Russian roulette. Good luck.

19. Clark

Clark In Maximum Overdrive

Dang Dennis! I got all choked up and teary eyed when I read your request from London. I'd have sent money but the Ranchero needs work.

20. DonC

DonC In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Wow, funny, a doctor from Malaysia being called out to England, what a story and not one bit believable, but a crafty attempt.