Bf Goodrich t/a or Cooper Cobra gt on my 79?

Discussion in 'General Ranchero Help' started by 79USMC, Jan 30, 2013.

1. 79USMC

79USMC In Second Gear

In the next week or so im going to get new 15 inch tires to go on my centerline rims that just came back from being powder coated dark grey almost black with hints of metal flake (they're sweet) my truck is silver with little 14 inch black and chrome so trying to decide the tires. And im going same size f/r wide and big as I can. Just lookin for some feedback.:)

2. ribald1

ribald1 Banned PLATINUM MEMBER

How wide are the wheels?

3. 79USMC

79USMC In Second Gear

I wish I could tell u but im out of town working and I dont recall. They where on the car when I got it but dident like the look they are wide thats for sure. Im venturing north to go home tomm. So ill have the size come friday.

4. BillyC

BillyC In Fourth Gear

tires

I have 235/60R15 front and 255/60R15 on 8" chrome wheels on my 79 and plenty space

5. 79USMC

79USMC In Second Gear

Do u think its stupid going the same size tire all around! I have a stock 302 so im not racing it I think it would look cool w big meats all around.

6. LSChero

LSChero In Maximum Overdrive PLATINUM MEMBER

255-60-15 on 8" wheels(4"off set) front and rear fill wheel wells just fine,and you can rotate them.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. 79USMC

79USMC In Second Gear

That truck is smoakin!!! Thanks for the input. Ok justwant mine to be big snd bold I have it set up to be a 0 to 80 car so do I have to go narrow in the frount?

8. LSChero

LSChero In Maximum Overdrive PLATINUM MEMBER

No sir.OE 351C springs in front w/kyb shocks.Coil over shocks with progressive springs in rear with sway bar.Trick is to keep ranchero level ,not nose down on bump stops. No rub issues.

9. HuevosRanchero

HuevosRanchero In Maximum Overdrive

I prefer Coopers myself..due to them being the last of 2 American owned tire companies making a large amount of their tires in the SE United States....plus they are competitively priced.

10. brc

brc In Fourth Gear

tires

I went with a larger tire/wheel combo, and had to change the speedometer gear in the trans so the mph would be correct.
    Simple job to do, but just something you should think about
    But I went with a 17" tire/wheel combo

11. 1979 RANCHERO GT

1979 RANCHERO GT In Maximum Overdrive

I went with the Cooper on one of the Mustangs over the T/A that it had because the tire store told me that even though T/As are great there hasn't been any changes to them in over 30 years they have made them. The store sells both. Coopers have been on for 10 years and no problems, but I never had problems with the T/As either.

12. Lord Snow

Lord Snow In Fourth Gear

I'm biased to the bridgestone/firestone corp. One of their plants is right up the road from me.

13. krehmkej

krehmkej In Third Gear

Had been running Dunlops, but as they were NLA, I recently switched to Cooper Cobras. Nice quiet, grippy tires. Look good, too:
    [​IMG]
    245/60-15 on 7.5 rim.