Wiper motor

Discussion in 'Ranchero Tech Help' started by 79351rancherogt, Feb 2, 2013.

1. 79351rancherogt

79351rancherogt In Fourth Gear

Hello again heres a good one for you guys.My wiper motor works fine,high,low,delay...but when i turn them off they wont"hide" back under the hood,the wipers will stay about almost halfway up and i have to manually push them back down.What i can see is inside where the arm is it does turn off and the mechanism goes to the down position,but when i push the wipers down where they are supposed to be i hear a click,i just dont know and dont want to screw with its timing.Any ideas?

2. burninbush

burninbush In Maximum Overdrive

There was a thread just recently about your problem http://www.ranchero.us/forums/showpost.php?p=219891&postcount=1

3. kirksss32

kirksss32 In Overdrive

rember that metal plate,, square about 5 inches by 3 inches,, just under that swing arm,,, flip it over you put it on back wards when you put things back to gather... the L lip faces the fire wall.

4. 79351rancherogt

79351rancherogt In Fourth Gear

Never had it apart unless the previous owner did but i just got another wiper motor and now its fine,but what is the "L"lip you talk about? i have the original motor out. BTW the wiper motor i got i got it from a 77 t bird bolted and plugged right in.