Terminal Island Dragstrip - Brotherhood Racers trying to reopen this track

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by davis, May 25, 2014.

1. Kev250R

Kev250R In Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I've been following this thread and hope something gets built someplace. I've enjoyed going to Irwindale, mainly for the circle-track races for the past few years and have always had a good time. Recently I wanted to check-out the track out at Perris but it's a pretty far drive from where I live (60-90 Mins depending on traffic) plus the entrance fee's for spectators seemed just as high if not higher than Irwindale. I'll still go check it out sometime I guess but hope another legal track can open somewhere in the OC/LA County area.

Kevin

2. Shok

Shok In Third Gear

I used to practically live at the old TI track, and in a twisted sense made the last pass down it. Besides spending every weekend there racing my slow junk I also worked for the security company that guarded the property after it was closed down.
    The first thing they did the day after closing was tear the track to chucks, I arrived for my shift and saw that and said F it and slowly went down the whole track in my patrol vehicle bouncing the whole way.
    I also have one of the big TI closing signs, I dug it out of some mud after it was knocked over by a bulldozer.

3. davis

davis In Maximum Overdrive

Shok, PM me with an image of the sign with some background info. i'd like to add that for the streetlegal website.

thanks!

4. Shok

Shok In Third Gear

Ok it won't be a great pic as its kind of barricaded in the garage. Its not one of the cool looking ones, I witnessed one of the cool ones getting stolen like 30 mins after it was hung up, I think by Willie. But I couldn't get over soon enough to stop them, I was on a hill closer to the water if you remember the construction that was going on at the time.

5. Jeff B

Jeff B In Maximum Overdrive BRONZE MEMBER

6. davis

davis In Maximum Overdrive

i saw that a couple days ago. that is good news.