Ford part number lookup

Discussion in 'General Automotive Questions' started by Jeff B, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Jeff B

Jeff B In Maximum Overdrive BRONZE MEMBER

I hope that I am not missing something obvious, but is there a place or way to look up Ford part numbers? I have tried Google, but I have yet to find anything solid as a resource. Many times Google will point out an eBay listing but that info is based on what the seller does or does not know. I would rather not pay for a Hollander Interchange subscription either, but there has to be something on the innerwebs that I have missed.

2. beerbelly

beerbelly In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Jeff B and 1965 Ranchero 66G like this.
  3. Jeff B

Thanks B.B., that's one I had not seen. Here is an example of what I am looking for. I have a battery hold down that I think might be for a Ranger or something like it. Ford part #D35B10755AA. I would like to find a definitive application(s) for it. If I Google the number, it hits on ad-sites or eBay with no useful application info.

4. 5.0 Chero

5.0 Chero Bahumbug Staff Member

Jeff I have not found an online site that has the " definitive application " for Ford part numbers. One issue is the number on the part is NOT the part number its an engineering number that will cross over to a part number ans later versions of that part will have the same part number but may be slightly different than the earlier version. Also the Ford prefix is Letter Number Letter Letter not letter number number letter so your D35B is more than Likely D3SB

5. Lowrider

Lowrider In Third Gear

Newer Ford part numbers have prefixes like D35B. Part numbers starting changing a few years before I retired in 2010. I've even seen prefixes with 5 characters. Good luck figuring out those. You might try your local Ford dealer and seek out a good parts guy to help decode your number.

6. Jeff B

Well, I guess if it was easy then I would have found it. What you guys have said makes sense and thanks. I might try my local dealer, but finding someone able/willing to help might be a challenge. We'll see what happens.