Ranchero at Barrett Jackson

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Der Flieger, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Der Flieger

Der Flieger In Third Gear SILVER MEMBER

Just happened to catch a 73 500 crossing the block last Friday at the Vegas auction. All blacked out, bumpers and bed trim, with black bench interior. Still had 15in wheels and a '400' engine. Pretty striking. Final bid was $12.5K. Couldn't tell if that met the reserve, but the paint and interior must be worth at least twice that. I don't watch the auctions a lot but that was the first one I have seen from my year. Anybody else see that or have an opinion?

2. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I didn't see that one, but on some of the full restos (like a '71 280SL), the numbers were passing stratospheric.

3. Der Flieger

Der Flieger In Third Gear SILVER MEMBER

4. ribald1

ribald1 Banned PLATINUM MEMBER

The hood looks like it doesn't close correctly.

5. 1965 Ranchero 66G

1965 Ranchero 66G In Maximum Overdrive Unubtanium Member

Or just wasn't closed completely, can't see it going through Barrett Jackson that way. Either way it's a great looking make it your own.

6. Jimbob

Jimbob SITE SUPPORTER- SILVER GOLD MEMBER

Yeah, the hood is just unlatched. Not sure about the look though, looks like they just shot the black without masking it up fully.

7. ribald1

ribald1 Banned PLATINUM MEMBER

My point is;
    Why would someone take photos to show how the car looks with the hood unlatched so you can't see how well it lines up?
    The only reason I can think of is that it doesn't close correctly, or that the lines don't match.
    Either way, not a good thing.

8. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

B-J has all hoods open, ostensibly for prospective buyers to have a look-see, and that shutting the hood is up to the owner. I can see some lame-brained ape pushing straight down on a pre-Eighties hood and bending the Holy Hell out of it. First time I had a chance to close such a hood, Dad showed me you push on the end horizontally as the hinge guides the hood down vertically.