1965 Ranchero on Bitchin Rides - Is it one of us?

Discussion in 'Ranchero Pics' started by T16592, Nov 30, 2017.

1. T16592

T16592 In Overdrive PLATINUM MEMBER

I keep seeing this in the background of the shots within the garage of the show. You have to stop the action to see it. All I have is a screen shot from the TV. I could see it progressing towards completion but never saw it finished. It is not a featured car but maybe its one of our members??? Or someone knows whats in it?
    For sure its been tubbed and all the trim removed.

[​IMG]

2. aquartlow

aquartlow In Maximum Overdrive

If Dave worked on it, it should be badass. I have not seen any of his cars or projects that weren't topnotch.

3. Jimbob

Jimbob SITE SUPPORTER- SILVER GOLD MEMBER

There was a blue 77-79 that kept appearing in the background on Counting Cars also, it looked like they had put Caddy taillights on it.

4. T16592

T16592 In Overdrive PLATINUM MEMBER

Saw a TV trailer showing the back of the Ranchero -The rear taillights look totally unrelated to the original design. And it also looks like the tailgate has been deleted:eek:
    [​IMG]

5. beerbelly

beerbelly In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I agree about the taillights- total fail. Seems something like early '60's Mustang lights that have a horizontal peak across the middle might have been a better choice.

6. Bryan59EC

Bryan59EC In Overdrive

The "B" pillar has been modified as well---actually looks to me that the back of the cab has been moved back a couple of inches.
    Might be for a long legged driver
    Notice the rake of the back window?
    Originally pretty much vertical.
    Like the color tho----same as mine

7. LSChero

LSChero In Maximum Overdrive PLATINUM MEMBER

Yikes! 65 impala tails would look better than those.They almost look photo chopped.