'60 Sheet Metal - Fab Parts - Floor Pans - Rear Cab Storeage Area Wall

Discussion in 'General Ranchero Help' started by JonnieVee, Jan 16, 2018.

1. JonnieVee

JonnieVee In First Gear

Just gutted a '60 interior and no surprise the rear floor pans are rusted out. Getting new floor pans are not a problem, plenty seem to be available, but I also need to replace that sheet metal step up (in the behind the seat storage area) at the back of the cab wall.

It looks like the back of floor pans come up a inch or two on this step up, but do not cover this area. What I have learned so far is that no is producing this part.

If you have any tip or suggestions on the best way to get or make a replacement piece (I need both LH and RH pieces), I would welcome the help. If anyone has produced this and have a set laying around, let me know.

2. davis

davis In Maximum Overdrive

Jonnie, probably the best fix would be to cut out flooring from a station wagon, but since that would also be a pretty tall order, you're going to have to fab some up. that is the design problem with these unibody cars. and you are correct, nobody makes replacement storage area panels.
    you might be able to find some pics and such online, but every case is a bit different depending on the amount of rust damage.

3. sportscape

sportscape In Second Gear

I used a Dynacorn complete floor pan for a 64-65 on my 63. The only difference is rear seat belt mounts. It extends much further back than the sections everyone sells. This is the best picture of the rear compartment that I have.

Attached Files:

4. Bryan59EC

Bryan59EC In Overdrive

You can also whack that section out of any 4dr car as well---pain in the ass separating from the rockers and frame work.
    I used the section from a 63 4dr on my Ranchero and even the indentations for the jack storage and spare tire bracket are in there.

I had no idea a full pan was available (and maybe it wasn't when I did mine), but I would have bought one even tho I only needed one rear pan section.

5. JonnieVee

JonnieVee In First Gear

Thanks for the suggestions and the tips = we ended up fab'ing a step up piece, Not the best, but when covered with sound deadening wrap, no one will be the wiser!

6. Mikey likes it

Mikey likes it In First Gear

7. Mikey likes it

Mikey likes it In First Gear

I have the same issue on my '62. Trying to figure out if I need to pull the front cargo panel to do it right. Any observations or suggestions?