I'll likely be crucified by Cindy....

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by handy_andy_cv64, Jan 9, 2018.

1. 1965 Ranchero 66G

1965 Ranchero 66G In Maximum Overdrive Unubtanium Member

Call a dog they come, call a cat they take a memo and get back to you.

Basstrix likes this.
  2. ribald1

ribald1 Banned PLATINUM MEMBER

No way would I get a bunch of cats. Toxoplasmosis creates cysts in the brain that cause mental and behavioral problems when a person gets older, and there is no cure for it.
    But, no, I wouldn't declaw a cat, even if it never went outside even though every cat I have encountered that stays inside all the time is neurotic and unpredictable.
    Fun fact; every employee I have had working in the field, myself, and my 2 sons have all been attacked by cats on jobsites. Only one dog attack, a purse dog nipped my finger as I reached across it under a desk. I didn't see the thing, thought a rat got me at first. The only other animal that gives us grief is the wasp. They take up residence in electrical panels, attics, mechanical equipment, and other places we need to work. Once you know how to act upon surprising them (and you) they aren't too dangerous, but not pleasant company.

3. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I was attacked by two Siamese cats when I was 4-5 years old. I vaguely remember it. Probably why I am not a fan of cats now. More likely it's because, unlike dogs, cats are useless.

ForistellFord likes this.
  4. Hillbilly

Hillbilly In Maximum Overdrive

Nah, not really useless. Anyone down here who has cars stashed knows the benefits of having cats roaming the area. We are unfortunate in that we are blessed with various species of rodents in abundance, chipmunks, field mice, field rats, groundhogs, armadillos, on up to deer. Housecat is the only small predator able to get into the confines the vermin hide in. Only drawback is they bring the evidence of their success to the house to display their prolific skill. The line of kills on the back porch daily is impressive. I only think of the wiring and upholstery damage they prevent, that outweighs having cat tracks on everything. Sean, Siamese cats pick one person to be loyal to, you weren't that person. I personaly don't care for that breed as they generally are neurotic sob's. Those cats cause far less damage than even the good dogs I have had and are much quieter as they take care of business.

Cindy likes this.
  5. beerbelly

beerbelly In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Buster at work:

IMG_0630.JPG

6. ribald1

7. beerbelly

Best cat we've ever had. I found him as a tiny abandoned kitten looking for food by a dumpster. He grew up to be a 16-pounder, lovable as could be, but a coyote got him one morning. Dammit.

8. burninbush

burninbush In Maximum Overdrive

I personaly don't care for that breed as they generally are neurotic sob's. Those cats cause far less damage than even the good dogs I have had and are much quieter as they take care of business. >HB

+++++++++

If someone offers you a Bengal cat ... avoid it. Lovely to look at, but the noise is way too much.

Hillbilly and Cindy like this.
  9. beerbelly

Yup, PLENTY neurotic...

IMG_0833.JPG

10. TestDummy

Is that a prisoner holding the cat? Hence the black out? Anyway, the cat owns you guys at this point.

11. beerbelly

Yep, prisoner of LOVE. Seriously, my wife does not want her face on the internet, so this was the compromise. A Lone Ranger mask probably would have been cooler.

TestDummy likes this.
  12. ribald1

Or a blindfold and cigarette.

13. Cindy

Cindy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

<laughing> ....did she see her photo after you posted it? & ....I am an equal opportunity animal lover; cats and dogs are both great.

14. plumcolr

plumcolr In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Maybe if 72GTVA had a cat he wouldn had sparky eating his wires - -

15. LSChero

LSChero In Maximum Overdrive PLATINUM MEMBER

Them northern squirrels are not joke,cat wouldnt have a chance.
    13590412_10207999559601758_2977161596980909319_n.jpg

16. ribald1

I had a cat once that took out squirrels. Was back in the 80's.
    It's mother was feral, and all its siblings had been killed by a male cat. I think it's ferocity saved it.
    Never really became tame, hated being in the house even in bad weather, and picking it up was not an option.
    It didn't eat the squirrels, but spent a fair amount of time in the trees hunting and killing them.
    I named the thing Pyewacket.

17. andrewok1

andrewok1 In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER SILVER MEMBER

big cat i believe everything he says , CHRISTOPHER -ROBIN BETTER THAN ANY ALARM CLOCK IMG_7517.JPG

18. TestDummy

I used to think cat people were werid. Now I know they are.

Hillbilly and 1965 Ranchero 66G like this.
  19. 1965 Ranchero 66G

1965 Ranchero 66G In Maximum Overdrive Unubtanium Member

Some of them are, I have a over indulgent cat guy that works for me who when he feeds he opens the bag and spreads it down the breakfast bar ( he has alot of cat's) on damp or rainy days I usually have to send him home for fresh clothes, seems that the cat's sleep on them.

20. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I may be weird, but I'm not 'crazy cat lady' weird. And even if I could have a dog, I would have a cat because cats are less inclined to destroy things and as long as I keep the litter box in good shape, they go in the litter box.

Hillbilly likes this.