White Face Gauges

Discussion in 'Ranchero Tech Reference & Articles' started by HuevosRanchero, Mar 5, 2008.

1. LSChero

LSChero In Maximum Overdrive PLATINUM MEMBER

Thanks HR!Great upgrade for cheap.Looks much better and you can actually see gauges.All good!
    [​IMG]

HuevosRanchero likes this.
  2. HuevosRanchero

HuevosRanchero In Maximum Overdrive

yep years later and I'm still VERY happy with mine...no degradation to the decal overlays at all. Looks GREAT dude!

3. rancheromac

rancheromac In Third Gear

4. rancheromac

rancheromac In Third Gear

old post I know, but could I use the 76 set to convert my 80mph speedo to the 120mph using my current 79 gauge ? thanks Rancheromac

5. 72GTVA

72GTVA Administrator Staff Member

Probably - you would likely need to send the speedometer to a repair service to allow them to convert the sweep width per the speed range desired as the range is very different with the sporty 85 mile speedo. Quite a few different vendors online - you might call them. I'd imagine the process would be you apply the desired facia and then send it in to them to rework to get you in the ballpark.

If you were to go with the full white face conversion it might be easiest to get a 1976 speedometer which will have the same layout (difference is high beam indicator is red in 1976 vs blue in '77 & up), and apply the white face decals on all the gauges to make them uniform.

6. Ran Man

Ran Man In Fourth Gear

Looks great.

7. Leo Vargas

Leo Vargas In Second Gear

This a great write up and the extra info is great. I have a 68 Ranchero and was looking at the white face kit for my truck, but I really like the face style of the gauges and was just going to convert the bulbs to LED instead. My questions is did everyone just use white LEDs or did any of you use the corresponding color LED to the dash. Example Blue LED for the high beam, Red LED for Temp, Alt, Oil Pressure, Green LED for turn signal/flasher etc.... Plus I have always liked how Ford used green for the dash lights and was going to use green LEDs for the main dash lights. Thank you to all in advance

8. pmrphil

pmrphil In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

I used the colored ones for the indicators, white multi-led's for the dash. Single led chip was too dim for the dash lights.