73 Marti Update

Discussion in 'Ranchero Vin Decoder/Production Numbers' started by HVAC22, Jan 11, 2019.

1. HVAC22

HVAC22 In Third Gear GOLD MEMBER

Got some pictures today of the 73 and her rusted floor and paint. Found over spray on pass. door label so I think an origanl sample that is good may be impossible. Still haven't heard from Marti, will try them tomorrow on phone. Chime in on what you think!

Attached Files:

2. HVAC22

Place on hood where tach was mounted, I removed to store.

Attached Files:

3. HVAC22

Mice enjoyed the seats while she was in the field, but spring are great!

Attached Files:

4. HVAC22

Boy she needs a lot of work...….

Attached Files:

5. HVAC22

But damn, the more I pull the cover back and tinker with her the more I think I'm falling in love with it. I'm not even paying any attention to my Galaxies!

Attached Files:

6. HVAC22

Folks absorb the pics, just got a service call in so someones ass is cold. Will be back later!

7. beerbelly

beerbelly In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Floors will keep you busy, but lovin' that grille.

8. 72GTVA

72GTVA Administrator Staff Member

I've seen and fixed worse - a little expensive but done correctly it is a one time repair.

Interesting in your picture DSCF0110 - the stamping date for the door pillar was 1-29-1972

andrewok1 likes this.
  9. HVAC22

BB Yea, its different. Got a friend in Raleigh(NC) that works at a company that gold and chrome plates circuit boards.He think he canchromeplate it for me. I was thinking about putting the factory grille back but it is kinda cool.

10. HVAC22

That's what I'm enjoying about this site, you guys see thing that are so interesting that I am totally ignorate to.

11. andrewok1

andrewok1 In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER SILVER MEMBER

thats a good long winter job ,lots of rotten floor , but its fixable with out a doubt, it can be saved ;)

12. HVAC22

Thats good to hear from an expert, I was worried with the passenger side rusted out so far up towards the dash and the crack up the tunnel to the shifter. Glad the driver side in better condtion.

13. HVAC22

Thanks 79 RancheroGT, I plan to pass that on to Scott @ Marti. Hope he can run down color from that info.

14. andrewok1

andrewok1 In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER SILVER MEMBER

I am no expert,but thanks I just understand the structure , the passenger side is rotted to your torque box ,body mount as mine was on the drivers side see all fixed
    there are three pieces of metal that come in contact in that spot at the body mount ,i used 16 gauge metal
    [​IMG] upload_2019-1-14_21-56-16.png

15. LSChero

LSChero In Maximum Overdrive PLATINUM MEMBER

Ill have to look at my 73 stamp date on door.Was assembled 11/72.Must of had a lot of panels left over.

16. 72GTVA

This may be a long shot now - per the quote below, Ford Customer Service used to offer the report below, at no cost - they may have kicked all that to Marti but it might be worth a try to see if the letter they send sheds any new info. I was able to get Ford's Report on a couple of mine years back

andrewok1 likes this.
  17. 72GTVA

This was what I got from Ford - and it wasn't complete and had some inaccuracies - noteworthy Ford said it had a bleepin' bench seat (yeah right, with a 4 speed manual on the floor???) and it omitted some other details that were contained in the Marti Report like power windows and such. As noted above, wasn't as complete or as thorough as the Marti Report but it did have the paint correct and most of the big details correct

Ranchero GT Ford 999.jpg

18. HVAC22

Wow!
    Nice job, I would gladly take that work. :)

19. HVAC22

Going to give that a shot.

20. HVAC22

Spoke to Scott @ Marti report few minutes ago, he is having no luck with the special order info for my Ranchero. :( Appears to be no info he has access to from Ford on that order. 79RancheroGT I mentioned your suggestion of the last four number in DSO, he still had nothing. I appreciate the info though, not going to quit yet. Putting report on hold until I can remove a few thing in the truck, maybe find an area of good sample paint. He did say all I need is an intact piece about the size of a dime, not 2" square.