CA 351m fmx

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Center' started by RAGNAR, Feb 16, 2019.

1. RAGNAR

RAGNAR In Second Gear

Well I am finally saying hi. I am in CA recently got back my 79. Been fixing issues from sitting for years. My grandfather and I completely rebuilt the motor in 05, my father had a friend repaint it back in 98 or 99. But I have done more to it in the last 4 weeks then all the prior years combined. I will add some photos when I figure out how to.

2. Dan the ranchero man

Dan the ranchero man MODERATOR Staff Member

welcome aboard! Would love to see some photos.

3. RAGNAR

RAGNAR In Second Gear

It keeps saying file too big.

4. Dan the ranchero man

Dan the ranchero man MODERATOR Staff Member

Might have to resize your photos. I use tiny pics and that one gives you an option of what size you need to post. this is the site I use pic.com/?t=postupload

Garbageman likes this.
  5. HVAC22

HVAC22 In Third Gear GOLD MEMBER

I had that same problem with picutures. I went to my computer app's and used Windows Live Photo Gallery. There you can pull your photos from a file or document and size them as you need. I found that the 1050 x 1050 works well. Have been able to go 1250 x 1250 but that's problematic at times.
    By-the-way welcome!

6. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

andrewok1 and Carl Steinbarger like this.
  7. HVAC22

HVAC22 In Third Gear GOLD MEMBER

Dang, what a service you provide! :)

8. andrewok1

andrewok1 In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER SILVER MEMBER

Welcome to the site RAGNAR

9. handy_andy_cv64

A former member did this service for me while instructing me on doing it myself, so I occasionally will offer, if it appears the OP doesn't have the means to do for themselves.

10. handy_andy_cv64

It's a way for me to pay forward what this site has given to me.

Saff54 and HVAC22 like this.
  11. Saff54

Saff54 In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Welcome Ragnar,great site!

12. RAGNAR

RAGNAR In Second Gear

thanks all. I was on my phone the other day but I will be getting pics up soon now that I am on a pc

13. RAGNAR

RAGNAR In Second Gear

Got this off my father finally. He got it in 95 or 96 when it came into his shop as a total loss(hit very hard in the lt bedside, He repaired it and painted what needed to be repainted. Kept it around as a spare vehicle for years. He let one of his employees use it I believe in 02 and the guy ran it way to hard and blew up the motor. So it sat for years. When I got out of the Military in 05 I asked him if I could rebuild the motor, he agreed and I went to work with some help from him and lots of help from my Grandfather( who passed shortly afterward) got it all back together and running. But it still pretty much sat until January of this year. And once it was officially mine I went to work to make it nicer.

Attached Files:

14. RAGNAR

RAGNAR In Second Gear

So the first thing I did was new wheels and tires(Torque Thrust-Black w/ machined lip 17X7). Kinda wish I would have got 17x8 for the rear now but they were special order and could have taken weeks and I wanted to drive it.

Attached Files:

15. RAGNAR

RAGNAR In Second Gear

I will be looking for some minor things. Such as lt front park/turn lens, lt taillamp outer housing, the one way check valve for heater vacuum lines in the engine bay near firewall, and I know the trim is missing a few of the clips. Also I would like to do some interior work like replace the carpet maybe get some bucket seats and a center console but I can't seem to find the right colors, mine is cordovan, which seems to be a red tint brown. which no supplier of repop parts seems to have.

Attached Files:

16. 5.0 Chero

5.0 Chero Bahumbug Staff Member

SKOL! looks good

RAGNAR likes this.
  17. RAGNAR

RAGNAR In Second Gear

Thank you, I have put a lot into it over the last month and a half

18. RAGNAR

RAGNAR In Second Gear

when I did the new rims and tires I found front suspension that needed some replacement, replaced the worn out parts, and had an alignment done on it. After working on the front I wanted to move on to the rear suspension but it looks like I have factory sport suspension with a stock rear sway bar and I have yet to find a supplier that makes replacement parts for that setup. So that is on the back burner til I get some other things worked out and fixed

19. RAGNAR

RAGNAR In Second Gear

next it was on to finding and fixing the water leaks, I got a full weather strip kit from dearborn. All of them fit pretty good except for the rear window rubber, it worked put couldn't get it to fit perfectly and had to use bedding compound to seal it(still trying to seal a minor leak in both lower quarter panels, the belt line weather strips were a tad difficult to install just cause of the limited spare and the poor quality screws that were sent with the kit. Had the windshield replaced due to the fact that it was old and had leaks and a few tiny rock chips, then started cleaning out bad seam seal and rust in the bed, re sealed all of those seams( not painting over it since I am going to do a spray in bed liner), then I moved on to the body drain locations, and interior seam sealer(starting at the front inner quarter panels and working forward. what covered the rear floor(behind the seat, under the front of the bed and under the spare tire)? I have nothing back there at all. Other then the black board under the rear window, and the interior upright trim. Since I haven't been able to figure out what was there originally I started with my own idea. I first created a plastic moisture barrier like newer cars have(3M strip caulk for the seal and Heavy clear plastic for the barrier, Particale board cut to fit the opening and then carpeted probably in black since I have yet to find the right carpet color. Cleaned and re undercoated the rear quarter panel wheel wells as well.

Attached Files:

20. RAGNAR

RAGNAR In Second Gear

Next for my own personal reason was better speakers. 5.25 pioneer 3 way door speakers, with crossovers and tweaters on the interior windshield pillar and 5-way 6x9's in Scosche carpeted 6x9 enclosures, I have an old apline single din deck in it right now but will be changing that at a later point.

Attached Files: