Air Conditioning brackets pictures 70 302

Discussion in 'General Ranchero Help' started by Lloyd, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Lloyd

Lloyd In Second Gear

Hello All, car, 70 Ranchero with 302, came equipped with factory a/c. Most of the system was there including compressor mount etc. It was missing the bracket that holds the idler pulley and the pulley but I believe that I have the right ones now. I am doing a full 135 change but still need to use the factory brackets but for the life of me, I can't figure out how the bracket that was off goes on. If anyone has a 302 with air and would take some, several, good pictures, I would be eternally grateful.
    Just rebuilt the motor and it was in good enough condition with 79,000 miles, I used stock size rings and bearings, had hardened exhaust seats done and added a mild cam, 600 AFB on a Summitt Manifold and put summit headers on and now I want to enjoy my daily driver in the summer heat.
    Just a side note, Summitt's coated long tube headers fit great in this car and sounds good.

2. Jeff B

Jeff B In Maximum Overdrive BRONZE MEMBER

I can get you some pics tomorrow.

3. Lloyd

Lloyd In Second Gear

I can't wait to see, I appreciate it a lot.

Lloyd

4. colnago

colnago In Maximum Overdrive

Well, a statement like that demands pics of the install, and videos of the engine running!

Joseph

5. Huevos

Huevos In Maximum Overdrive

And a picture of the Girlfriend leaning against the Chero in a Bikini... Well?? As long as were asking...

colnago likes this.
  6. colnago

colnago In Maximum Overdrive

I don't think a bikini would look very good on a Ranchero. Just sayin'.

Joseph

7. Jeff B

Here you go. Let me know if you need something else. There are 2 idlers, one is static and the top one does the adjustment and a drive pulley and the compressor pulley.
    20190610_171803_resized.jpg

20190610_171727_resized.jpg Main bracket and adjuster pulley

20190610_171914_resized.jpg Top view from adjuster to crank. Serp belt pulley on the crank is not stock and does not affect the AC.

20190610_171826.jpg
    View of static idler pulley.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need anything else.

Jeff

8. Lloyd

Lloyd In Second Gear

Thank you for the pictures, it makes sense now. I didn't see it horizontal the way it is.

9. Jeff B

Post up your AC adventure as you go. I have a compressor and drier waiting to be installed. Was able to charge mine and it got nice and cold--for about 10 minutes. It's always something. There are vacuum lines and switches to check as well.

10. Lloyd

Lloyd In Second Gear

I will do that. I purchased a conversion kit for it and so far all of the components are bolting up just fine like factory and the bracket for the new compressor looks like it is going to be pretty straightforward. The kit was $700,a little pricey but for all of the components that is there it seemed like a realistic plan.

11. MIKESTANATOR

MIKESTANATOR In Second Gear SILVER MEMBER

Did you get a kit from Original Air? That seems like the best option I have found so far for me. My '78 had most of the AC stuff taken out when I got it as well.

12. Lloyd

Lloyd In Second Gear

I don't remember, I believe I ordered it from one of the Mustang and other Ford model stores. I normally don't go that route because they are usually overpriced on stuff that was already over priced but in this case they were all in the $700. range. It is a conversion kit and has the compressor with the bracket to mount on the original bracket, hoses, dryer, evaporator, the valve on the firewall and most of the hard.

13. MIKESTANATOR

MIKESTANATOR In Second Gear SILVER MEMBER

Thanks, let us know how it works when all set up please! Just in time for summer