** 79 GAS FILL **

Discussion in 'Ranchero Tech Help' started by Freestyle Don, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Jk8Fan

Jk8Fan In First Gear

I know I will get skewered for this, but I wasn't ruining the paint on the 64 again, especially since I just had it painted. One of these days, maybe, I will locate the cell under the bed and make a flap in the bottom of the bed.

Screenshot_20190703-213916.png

andrewok1 likes this.
  2. andrewok1

andrewok1 In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER SILVER MEMBER

it works run it !!!!

3. Doc76251

Doc76251 In Fourth Gear

I don't mind the fuel cell, it works..... but what's up with the boat cleats?

Cheers,

Doc

4. Freestyle Don

Freestyle Don In Third Gear BRONZE MEMBER

My problem........would be. Where you gonna put the stuff? If I can`t use the bed? Might as well drive a Yugo....:)

5. colnago

colnago In Maximum Overdrive

On Facebook, someone posted pics of their lowered truck. I hate lowered trucks, so I mentioned that it was now no different than a Honda Civic, because you couldn't use it as a truck. I was not very popular on that thread!

Joseph

6. wdfp

wdfp In First Gear

When I first got my 79 it would only take about 15 gallons no matter what I tried. Also had a little drip when filling it so when I had it apart to put the 460 in it last year I replaced the fill hose and the vent hose also and since then I just put the gas nozzle on slow and it fills right up with it just hanging there so I figured the vent hose had been restricted somehow but it works fine now..

7. RancheroRandy

RancheroRandy In Maximum Overdrive

It's yours so do what you want....

8. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

When I got mine back on the road in '09, the fill and vent hoses were totally rotted. Changing them out without dropping the tank, on a hot Summer afternoon, was just so fun.

9. Jk8Fan

Jk8Fan In First Gear

They were there when I got it and, honestly, I don't mind them. I wonder how many decades ago someone decided they wanted them for tie downs

10. Jk8Fan

Jk8Fan In First Gear

I can haul a cooler and my tailgate chairs in the bed with a load bar. I have a Ram 1500 if I really want to haul anything.

In the below pic, you can still see my load bar from where I had a cooler and chairs snug against the cab. I keep it behind the seat. I keep one in each of my trucks to keep loads from sliding around the truck. I think they are around $25 at Harbor Freight and entirely worth it

Screenshot_20190704-202221.png

11. Jk8Fan

Jk8Fan In First Gear

I don't use my Ranchero as a truck. If I go to Home Depot or Walmart or anywhere I need a truck, I take the Ram. The Ranchero is 55 years old. Time to cut her some slack and let her be a nice afternoon or weekend driving vehicle.

Kiwirancher likes this.
  12. colnago

colnago In Maximum Overdrive

I don't use my '64 Ranchero as a truck, but I do use my '67 F250 as a truck. I rebuilt the engine and tranny, reworked the rear axle, and swapped the front drums to disks, so she's a very capable truck.

I agree. I figure if you keep it on the road, then you're doing it right. I just personally hate lowered trucks. It's a sickness; I HAVE to give 'em a poke.

Joseph

13. Jk8Fan

Jk8Fan In First Gear

I had a 72 Ford long bed pickup about 10 years back. 3 on the tree, 351. I regretted selling it the day after I sold it. In fact, I think I was having regrets as the guy was topping the hill leaving my house.

That was a good truck.