Bit the Bullet

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Rancherous, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Rancherous

Rancherous Administrator Staff Member

Bit the bullet and bought a truck after 7 years of looking. OK Hillbilly whats Dad got laying around for a 17-19 Super Duty lol. Could only afford the peasant model XLT trim level.

Attached Files:

2. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Peasant level trim? That's rich folk trim to me. Nice looking ride. Is it longer than a school bus (normal one, not the one FF rides).

Rancherous likes this.
  3. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Nice!

Rancherous likes this.
  4. Hillbilly

Hillbilly In Maximum Overdrive

Have to go inventory the back room. Pretty sure I saw some hoods but not sure what years they fit. XLT are pretty damn nice out of the box. He has a new F-450 that has nearly every option, even a wing on the roof that seems to stop buffeting when pulling the stacker trailer. Lights up like the Christmas tree in Times Square. Don't know what all he has done to it, I just drive it. Monstrously powerfull, doesn't even know that stacker with two big cars in it is back there. I love the stereo, I can download albums on it from my house, phone works flawlessly, cooled seats are to die for. You gonna' fall in lust with your new truck.

Rancherous likes this.
  5. Rancherous

Hillbilly trucks these days have all the creature comforts. I found a leftover 18 at a good price, the ones I really liked were like 30K over my price range and the wife still had heart failure on what we spent on this one. Only thing I really wish this truck had was fog lights and the larger display but down the road I should be able to find a cheap take off bumper with fogs and upgrade to the larger Sync 3 display. A lot of guys upgrade bumpers to a ranch hand bumper or similar and let the OEMs go cheap. There are tons of bumpers in Texas that people are almost giving away.

6. Rancherous

Sean was out where we camp and a guy measured it because he couldn't believe how long it was, measured 22'2" lol , not fun parking it, takes up about a spot and a half.

7. TestDummy

My neighbor, who owns a land management company, and has five SD's, from 250's to 450's, has a $90K F350 long bed dualie as his personal ride. I've driven it a few times, plowing with it once last winter. It's a beast, and almost worth every penny. He sells one and gets a new one every year, keeping the fleet somewhat fresh.

8. colnago

colnago In Maximum Overdrive

I cannot imagine spending $90K on my personal ride, no matter HOW nice it is! I guess if you can afford it, you gotta stimulate the economy somehow.

Joseph

9. TestDummy

Well, to be fair, it's a work truck too, but it's his. He pulls trailers with it, and puts plows on it. It gets dirty.

10. LSChero

LSChero In Maximum Overdrive PLATINUM MEMBER

Nice!Did you get the 5.0 or ecoboost?Just bullet proofed the 07 6.0,egr,oil pump,headgaskets W/ARPs,hopefully last me till they take my license away.Its only got 87K on it.

11. Rancherous

LS its 250 with the 6.7 Powerstroke crew cab long bed

12. LSChero

Duh.Didnt look at the pic full frame.Superdutys have come a long way in performance since 2007,you will love it.

13. Rancherous

LS going to have to get used to it and different maintenance etc, First diesel I ever owned, hardest thing so far is turning the key and letting the glow plug light go off after a second or so. I still forget all the time lol.

14. LSChero

Yeh,quick lube is pricey for diesels.I bought the extra care warranty when factory warranty expired.Still have it till 2021,then Iam on my own.
    Its well worth the cost if your going to keep it long term.Last trip to dealer,bill was around 7k,cost me $50.00.

Rancherous likes this.
  15. 1965 Ranchero 66G

1965 Ranchero 66G In Maximum Overdrive Unubtanium Member

Nice truck congrats. Did my turn with the diesel and recently downsized from my F250 King Ranch to a 2017 F150 Lariat crew cab short bed with a 3.5 twin turbo Eco Boost, the PO ordered from the factory and I have the original build sheet that reads like a rich kids Christmas list. It originally sold for 72K, not a fart mark on it inside or out and took it home for under 30K. 375 HP, 470 ft # of torque coupled to a 10 speed auto.

Rancherous likes this.
  16. Hillbilly

Hillbilly In Maximum Overdrive

But it still fires up even if you forget about waiting. As far as glow plugs, remember this = They stay powered up for a full two minutes after the engine cranks up. I know it has an alternator big enough to run the city of Atlanta but do a count down before you turn on a bunch of accessorys. Gives the alternator a chance to actually start charging the batterys without the extra load. Remember too that it takes around 15 minutes of run time to charge the batterys fully after one start. The longer you run the engine after each start converts to longer battery life. You have a much improved truck over my 2004 but I still grin every time I drive my older Super Duty.

1965 Ranchero 66G and Rancherous like this.
  17. Rancherous

Good advice thanks I would have not known that.

Hillbilly likes this.
  18. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Nice rig! But you froze my heart with the thread title...I thought you were going to announce you sold the site, and the pickup was your first purchase! Phew! *wipes sweat from brow*

19. Rancherous

Nah you guys are, I guess, OK to keep around lol :)

1965 Ranchero 66G likes this.
  20. TestDummy

Sold the site? Hahahahaha. Not a big customer base for that one.