Negative Experience with falconparts.com

Discussion in 'Seller Feedback' started by colnago, Dec 5, 2019.

1. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

The devil's advocate says he installed it wrong and it was actually not defective. The other devil's advocate says they didn't include instructions so he didn't know he was installing it wrong. And another devil's advocate says quit whining about a 60 year old car that should have been scrapped 40 years ago. But that's enough advocates.

TestDummy likes this.
  2. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I'm more an angels advocate. He may have put it in correct, but then it broke from a faulty installation.

ForistellFord likes this.
  3. ForistellFord

Put what in correct?

TestDummy likes this.
  4. Huevos

Huevos In Maximum Overdrive

I think we have a faulty advocate...

TestDummy likes this.
  5. colnago

colnago In Maximum Overdrive

I didn't put it in wrong. It cost $50. It is not a ten-minute fix.

6. ForistellFord

I'm not calling you out Joseph. You didn't have instructions so you did not know. If a 'side' must be taken, I side with you. Sent the part without instructions. Maybe technically it was not a defective part, but the necessary modification was not made known to you. So that's on them. How they treated you is a different story.

7. colnago

They treated me like dirt. They treated me like the three screws that hold the switch in the proper location could have been put in incorrectly. They questioned me on the spring that is installed over the steering shaft, between the switch housing and the steering wheel, was put in incorrectly. They treated me like everything that could have been done with this switch was done incorrectly, by me.

8. pmrphil

pmrphil In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

So take it apart, TAKE PICTURES in the process, and send it back. The worst that can happen is nothing - you still have to remove it to replace it. Post the pics, someone else might be able to see something, or even better, save others from the same grief. No sense beating a dead horse. Who knows, they might see something THEY didn't know about. What do you have to lose? Postage?
    Personally, I've never had an issue with them, and I bought a lot of parts from them for my 64 Sprint. And, yes, I did have to return a few, but nothing defective.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
  9. colnago

I've already contacted the company, and told them that I will have nothing to do with them in the future. I have no interest in pursuing anything with this vendor again. As you said, it's a dead horse. At this point, I know what is wrong with the part I have. I know what I have to do to fix it. The money is already spent. I have no interest in spending money on postage to send the part back. The vendor's mind is closed. He has already let me know that the problem is mine. I'll simply get a new part from a different vendor, fix it, and move on.

I simply posted here to give others a heads-up on my having a negative experience with a vendor. Unfortunately, I was immediately questioned about it, as if my experience meant nothing or didn't happen. I have always expected better from this forum.

10. ForistellFord

Well if you'd have taken your time and installed it properly, you would have been fine.

Ha, kidding!!! Humor is always welcome, eh?

11. TestDummy

Some may say that was too soon. I think they are over on the Pinto forum.

12. ForistellFord

Nah, you have to have a sense of humor to own a Pinto.

13. TestDummy

True. And FWIW, I never put a turn signal switch in wrong. I was trying to make someone feel better.

14. ForistellFord

I didn't even think it was possible, until yesterday!!

TestDummy likes this.
  15. colnago

It isn't.

ForistellFord and TestDummy like this.