Nostalgia

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Center' started by CHRISTIANE MCNEAL, Dec 6, 2019.

1. CHRISTIANE MCNEAL

CHRISTIANE MCNEAL In First Gear

Hi. My name is Chris. Excited to find this group for leads on advice, parts etc. Planning to restore late fathers 70 squire with CJ ram air. He had it taken apart and primed for paint when he died 30 years ago. Used to occasionally drive the car and he let me take it for my drivers test 40 years ago. Lots of memories.

HuevosRanchero likes this.
  2. colnago

colnago In Maximum Overdrive

Sounds like a fun project. Is it together at all, or still in pieces for paint? If it isn't camera-shy, post a few quick pics. And welcome to the family.

CHRISTIANE MCNEAL likes this.
  3. CHRISTIANE MCNEAL

Thanks. Each time I try to upload it says file to large. Will try again later when I have more time to mess with it.

4. colnago

The forum has a 1MB limit on file size. You'll have to find a program (if PC) or app (if Android/iPhone) to resize your photos. Or find a file-hosting site, and post a link.

5. CHRISTIANE MCNEAL

Ok. Thanks. Will work on that. Shes not much to look at now anyway. Primed and dusty...my dad tinkered in his garage. Loved the car. Body is assembled and prepped but dash...door...chrome...all off the car.

6. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

If you want, you can email me the pics, and I can resize them, then send them back to you by email. If so, silvertwinkiehobo@gmail.com is my email.

colnago and CHRISTIANE MCNEAL like this.
  7. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Pics are on their way. Please, who is in your avatar?

8. CHRISTIANE MCNEAL

9. CHRISTIANE MCNEAL

Many thanks ANDREW! My dad and me are in avatar. Enlisted army..he died suddenly after retiring at 42 just before starting a second career in mechanics. He loved to tinker and he loved this ranchero. Dont know if I can swing restoration for my son...but looking.❤

10. colnago

My #1 rule is to keep her on the road. Everything else will take care of itself, but keep her driving. She looks to be very solid. Looking forward to more pics.

11. 5.0 Chero

5.0 Chero Bahumbug Staff Member

looks like a good solid start just some things I noticed, your console is a 69 mustang console so if you need parts for it check Mustang sources also you said it was a squire I do not see the holes in the body make sure the were welded up. Back in the day it was common to dent the hole in and cover with "BONDO" plastic filler. Should be easy to check since the door panels are off.

12. CHRISTIANE MCNEAL

13. CHRISTIANE MCNEAL

Thanks. He filled the holes. I loved the wood he did not. Still have the squire trim. Had no idea about the console. I knew Hurst shifter was not stock.

14. 5.0 Chero

5.0 Chero Bahumbug Staff Member

filled with metal? or filler?

15. CHRISTIANE MCNEAL

Thinking bondo...but not certain. I know he had me sanding the trim and he was thinking about replacing it after paint but changed his mind

16. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

I love it, what a great reason to do a Chero resto. So, so many years ago my Dad and I were concurrent Chero owners. Great memories.

17. LSChero

LSChero In Maximum Overdrive PLATINUM MEMBER

Welcome to the site Chris!Looks like a great project to bring back to life.Squires are fairly rare,even more so in CJ package.Marti report may be handy in resto process.What is the VIN number?

18. CHRISTIANE MCNEAL

Have pic but can't resize yet. I also got marti report. One of 8 squires with 429 Ram air. Vin 0A49J170329

19. Huevos

Huevos In Maximum Overdrive

Good project, You can tell it was originally a Squire by the Wood Grained Dash.

20. CHRISTIANE MCNEAL

Yes. Painted on metal. I did not know console was wrong. Sure looks right in the car. Lol.