1978 wippers place when stop ?

Discussion in 'Ranchero Tech Help' started by Mick13, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Mick13

Mick13 In Second Gear

Hello

When I look the pics, windshield wipers seems to be hidden under engine hood ?
    On mine this is not
    Only a tune to do and how ? Just to unbolt each arm and put it lower in stop place ?

[​IMG]

2. 1978GT

1978GT In Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

What you are describing is that your wipers do not park properly. This is controlled by a park switch on the wiper motor. Remove the white cover held on the wiper motor by 4 screws and clean the copper contacts. Apply a little lubricant (dielectric grease) and reassemble. Should be good to go.

3. pmrphil

pmrphil In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

And make sure it's grounded properly also.

4. Mick13

Mick13 In Second Gear

No the arm doesn't go lower. but thinking more, I thing only the arms are not at the proper place. Maybe a windshield change ? I'm going to try this.
    1978 GT you're right, I've got a problem in the motor. I've to open the white cover and check :
    On intermittent arms stop where you see them on the pic. If I switch off normally, it stops vertical ! But if I switch of when they are praticly horizontal it stop at the right place.

5. Mick13

Mick13 In Second Gear

Pmrphil : you're right only with having unplugged de motor switch and apply WD40, I can now stop wipers at the lower part of windscreen.
    It was that before

[​IMG]