Rockin Ranch Arrow

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Center' started by Rockin Ranch Arrow, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Rockin Ranch Arrow

Rockin Ranch Arrow In Second Gear

Hello,

Way back in 1964, my father had a 6t4 Ranch Arrow - 170 CI, 3 on the tree, one of two Falcon's he used for his business. The other Falcon was a 6t4 window van. Anyway, when my five six, six cylinder, two door Ford Ranch Wagon's engine blew up, I didn't have any transportation. I went back to work for my father and was assigned the 6t4 Ranch Arrow. Lucky me, I had wheels again.

Fast forward a good number of years( 50 plus), I finally found another 6t4 Ranch Arrow, a three on the tree and a 260/289 V8 two barrel. I brought her home and named her the Rockin Ranch Arrow. She appears to be in good shape and hasn't been messed with per se.

So far, I have done the usual tune ups, gas tank purge, oil, fluid changes, new tires, etc. I cheated and installed a Muntz 8 track player under dash and a Dixco Tachometer on top of the dash. Recently, with help, I installed a power disc brake set up for the front. Wow, what a difference in stopping.

I live in SW Oregon, near the town of Grants Pass. When I learn more on how to put in photos, I can post them of the original Ranch Arrow and the current Ranch Arrow.

RRA

HuevosRanchero likes this.
  2. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

The photo size limit is 1MB, IIRC. If you don't have the ability to resize, you can email me the photos at silvertwinkiehobo@gmail.com, and I'll resize them, send them back by email.

3. Saff54

Saff54 In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Welcome to the site

4. PonyExpressRider

PonyExpressRider In Maximum Overdrive

Welcome to the site... I think you make the count 3, members in the SW of Oregon.

Use your favorite photo program to resize those pics to under 1MB... upload with no problems.

5. Rockin Ranch Arrow

Rockin Ranch Arrow In Second Gear

Thank all of you for the warm welcome. It is great to be behind the wheel of the 6t4 once more. One of the issues I am facing, it seems that the V8 has more power per se than the 170 I remember from days of old. However, I believe I can adjust to that very rapidly. The photo I tried to attach is the current 6T4 Rockin Ranch Arrow. Hopefully it will be viewable.[​IMG]

Attached Files:

6. Saff54

Saff54 In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Very nice!enjoy and keep us posted!

7. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Yes, it worked, and a rockin' little Ranchero it is!