Heater control valve

Discussion in 'Ranchero Tech Help' started by Sheriff, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Sheriff

Sheriff In Second Gear

I’m looking for a heater control valve for my 67 with AC. Also as the AC is not functional can this valve be eliminated somehow and still have heat?

2. pmrphil

pmrphil In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

The heater dash control has a pile of vacuum lines connected to it - they operate the vacuum doors and the valves to control where the air goes, and also the temp. I don't know if it can be bypassed and still have any kind of control of the heat. I can look in my pile of parts and see what I have.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
    Sheriff likes this.
  3. burninbush

burninbush In Maximum Overdrive

Not having a '67 to touch ... I imagine it is similar to the '71. So that means the inlets/outlets from the heater core are visible projecting through the firewall. If you must have heat you can just rearrange the hoses to connect directly to the heater core while ignoring any heat control valve. If your car observes Ford normal shutoff defaults, with no vacuum the heat will go to the windshield. May get hot inside with this connection.

4. Sheriff

Sheriff In Second Gear

Yes, it has three inlet/outlets coming through the firewall could a manual valve be placed hear that could be opened in cold weather and provide heat then shut off in summer. I don’t drive her much in colder weather but would be nice to have a little heat/defrost in the fall.

5. Sheriff

Sheriff In Second Gear

I’d appreciate that, I’ve checked all the usual sources and it’s like finding a unicorn!

6. pmrphil

You could put a manual valve, but who knows where the heat would come out ? Windshield, floor, dash or none at all if there are no vacuum operated doors open? I have no clue.

7. pmrphil

I think I have one, but I have no way of testing if it works correctly or at all. I had purchased the whole A.C. assembly to return mine to original, but only ended up using the ducting, so the box and I believe the controls are still up in storage. I'll take a look and let you know. Where do you hail from?

8. Sheriff

Sheriff In Second Gear

I appreciate the effort I’m in Missouri.