Help find one

Discussion in 'General Ranchero Help' started by Samk, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Samk

Samk In First Gear

Maybe you guys could help me. I’m 18 years old and I’ve fallen in love with these trucks. Specifically the 73-76 models. I’m in St. Louis Missouri and have 8.5 grand. I’ve been looking for months now in every crevasse of the web to find a decent one that’ll last me at least 4 years. Exterior color doesn’t matter but I would very much prefer a tan interior but at the end of the day who cares. If someone could help me that’d be awesome.

2. Samk

Samk In First Gear

Maybe tell me some reputable websites to look at ?

3. Ric

Ric In First Gear

I use hemmings, and classic cars.com. You can set up make model years parameters and have emails sent to you.
    That’s how I found my 64. Good luck!

4. andrewok1

andrewok1 In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER SILVER MEMBER

where are you located/ i am in florida .i know of a 1972 new motor trans & tan interior

5. Chicago61

Chicago61 In Second Gear

6. Samk

Samk In First Gear

Whitney you’re a life saver when I saw your reply I called the guy and bought the truck all in the same day. It’s people like you that make the world go round you didn’t have to send me anything but since you took the time to help me my life is that much better. Thank you so much.

Buds 67 likes this.
  7. andrewok1

andrewok1 In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER SILVER MEMBER

all that motor work never finished the a/c .i would stay away from cars out of Miami FL,
    to late now wish you the best with your new ride /ANDY

8. Chicago61

Chicago61 In Second Gear

Hope it all works out. I'm still working thru troubles with mine, and I thought it was done mechanically. I like to browse Ranchero ads, and I saw that one right after I saw your request.

9. Chicago61

Chicago61 In Second Gear

How is the cat working for you?

10. lovejoy

lovejoy In Second Gear

just a heads up, I see loads for sale on youtube,
    obviously mainly dealers, with some stunning 70's Rancheros, but some are private sales too,
    just sayin...

11. Jeff B

Jeff B In Maximum Overdrive BRONZE MEMBER

FWIW, it took over 6 months to find something to buy. I found it 10 hours away from home. Even though it is a sewer, Craigslist gave me the most results.

12. Samk

Samk In First Gear

Totally wicked. I’m not the most knowledgeable guy when it comes to cars so i wasn’t fully aware of all the work and money the seller put into her, but everyone who’s looked at her so far was just blown away especially at the price of 6.5g it was a steal. The seller was such a cool laid back dude and it almost feels like I was meant to be the guy he passed her onto as cliche as it sounds. She’s needed some tinkering new fuel pump, steering gearbox, etc but believe me when I tell ya she screams down the highway. Also I’ve always been a classic rock man so I take her out on backroads listening to ccr, steppenwolf, bto, and with a little bit of ditch weed and that beautiful ride it all ties together and has become my most favorite thing to do/have ever done.

Thanks a million again Whitney

Jeff B. likes this.
  13. Chicago61

Chicago61 In Second Gear

Made my day.

Whitney

14. Dan the ranchero man

Dan the ranchero man MODERATOR Staff Member

Now how about some photos of the "new" ride :D

15. Samk

Samk In First Gear

I’d love to if I could only figure out how lol she’s a brown 73 and she’s drop dead gorgeous. There’s a few paint chips and little marks and whatnot but I love that I’ve never been a fan of those fancy fully done up shiny classics I like the dirty ones with character. I’m also thinkin about getting a few stickers or magnets (not flames) nothin too over the top but I look at her and I see a blank canvas like a bedroom wall without any posters so I was thinkin maybe a Grateful Dead scene or the Black Sabbath angel somethin like that