'79 351M/400 distributor

Discussion in 'Ranchero Parts For Sale' started by handy_andy_cv64, Sep 16, 2016.

1. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I have one leftover part from Babe's original engine, the distributor, D9AE-12127-PA. I do not need this so if someone wants or needs it, I'd be willing to do a trade for a blower motor (doesn't have to have the squirrel cage) or a tilt column turn signal switch that works decently; otherwise, $20 plus S&H, to be determined before payment in the form of a USPS money order only. It'll be complete with pickup coil and vacuum advance installed. It was working before the engine seized up from a broken rod (I tore down the engine for disposal), but did not suffer any oil starvation or oil pump seizure damage. The mechanical and vacuum advance mechanisms both work. PM me if you are interested.

2. handy_andy_cv64

Since my location for my ad is requested, I'm in Everett, WA 98201-2396.

3. rancheromac

rancheromac In Third Gear

that distributor will also fit the 460

4. handy_andy_cv64

Do tell! I had heard something along those lines a long time ago, that the 335 and 385 engines' distributors were the same. Does that include the dual-bellhousing pattern 400 blocks also?

5. handy_andy_cv64

Bump?

rancheromac likes this.
  6. handy_andy_cv64

Bumpy road?

7. handy_andy_cv64

I found the Duraspark harness I originally bought to do the conversion of my '74 Squire's Cleveland, and two high altitude amplifiers (yellow grommet 3-plug) with altitude compensator, but I'll add them to this dizzy as a package deal for an additional $50, so $70 total, and $15 S&H, shipped USPS and payable by USPS money order only. I know a few members with pre-'75 rigs asked about electronic ignition, and I can set 335/385 users up with the entire package (complete dizzy, two modules, altitude compensator and harness). The only thing I don't have is a Duraspark coil--I used the only one I had years ago.

8. handy_andy_cv64

Bump, with an addition: I found the 351W distributor I had from a '76 van I parted out several years ago, so if someone (and I can think of one member right off the bat) who wants to do a Duraspark conversion, I have the dizzy (or the previously mentioned 335/385-series dizzy) with the wiring and two high-altitude modules with a spare altitude compensator, for $70+ $15 S&H, payable in a USPS money order. You'll still need a DS-II coil, but everything else is there.

9. handy_andy_cv64

GONE, LONG GONE.

10. rancheromac

rancheromac In Third Gear

not sure on those, but the 351m is same distributor as 460
    sorry I did not respond alot earlier !

11. handy_andy_cv64

Me too. I got rid of a bunch of stuff that never sold, because I ran out of room in Babe and the S#!tbox when I moved here to Texas. I do still have other Ranchero/Torino/LTD II trim and other items, but I haven't got off my butt to deal with them.