Hiya, brand new to this forum. I recently rescued a 67 Fairlane Ranchero 500. I am happy to be here.

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Center' started by Rowen L Love, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Saff54

Saff54 In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Be safe brother,couldn’t imagine what your dealing with,we’re having drought conditions here in the Northeast but nothing like you folks are dealing with

Rowen L Love likes this.
  2. Rowen L Love

Rowen L Love In Second Gear SILVER MEMBER

Our past draught seasons are part of the cause. We have been dealing with that for a while now. Grass fires happen. Those we can deal with. It's the forest fires that are really bad. This state has mismanaged our forest areas for a generation. No culling of dead fall, cut budgets, high permit cost for removal of dead fall on private property, etc etc. If things dont change around here this state will be nothing but burning embers for another generation.

3. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

What 'another generation?' Apparently, everyone's leaving California. They'll have to change the motto to "The Golden Brown State."

4. Rowen L Love

True, sad, but true...:(

5. PonyExpressRider

PonyExpressRider In Maximum Overdrive

I had all of my chrome done in Mexico... probably a little thinner coating, but the finish is very good. 40 pieces of chrome and stainless on my 69... all the chrome was redipped for about $1500. Will be going over to the shop that helped me, I will get you a name and number. Just in case you want to go that route. I did the stainless on my own... I know why they get paid for what they do. Redoing the stainless begins with sandpaper... after all the dents and dings are repaired.

Rowen L Love likes this.
  6. Rowen L Love

Thanks. If you want to share that info that would be great, however I will not be redoing any of my chrome or stainless. I will be leaving it pretty much the way I bought it. I have already made purchases of used OE parts to replace the crappy paint job that was done on the otiginals. As a matter of fact I would very much like to give a shout out to Wade,Cudino, for the rear bumper I just picked up from him today. I drove Rowdy from here in Woodland out to Santa Clara, truck did great, 65 all the way runnin at 192°, gas milage has improved with break in from 16 mpg up to 18.5 mpg. The bumper is PERFECT for my application. It has just the right amount of patina to match the condition he's in. This gentleman, again Wade, GAVE it to me. I could not be more humbled at his generosity. Not many people would do that just to help out a fellow car guy. Wade, it was GREAT meeting you and I hope to see around at some of those shows/meets we spoke about. Thank you so much.

7. Rowen L Love

20200910_145740.jpg
    Seat belts for Rowdy from SeatBeltsPlus.com came in today. Color match is perfect for my interior. Red Wine. I'll post a couple pics once I get em installed. Gotta tell ya, I been feelin naked without em while drivin it. This weekend along with the bumper and bed cover.

8. handy_andy_cv64

Free parts are always welcome. I look at it as a 'pay it forward' situation, and do what I can to help in any way.

Rowen L Love and cbolt like this.
  9. Rowen L Love

That's exactly what Wade said to me. It astounded me none the less. I have givin a few parts away here and there but I'd be lying if I said any of em were valuable. However having said that, even a clutch return spring is valuable when you need one.

Jeff B, Hillbilly and Lincolnut like this.
  10. Rowen L Love

Well, me n Rowdy had an adventure today. Young gal in a pos 10-15 yr old nissan crossed 2 lanes of traffic and sideswiped me. I will try and post some pics of her car, but let's just say, her car got the short end of the stick.

Attached Files:

11. Rowen L Love

Her car.

Attached Files:

12. handy_andy_cv64

Ah, for pete's sake. You should've given her the NASCAR treatment--get under her, get her loose, put her into the wall. Would've taken the edge off the anger.

Rowen L Love likes this.
  13. Rowen L Love

Thought about it. She was a single mother and she had 2 little ones in the car at the time. I didnt know that then. I actually let her walk. I saw no point in maken her life tougher. Jus another battle scar from the NorCal hwy system. These people up here are dhit drivers. Most of it will literally "buff out". Lol Now had it been my 55, her life would had got a LOT tougher...

14. handy_andy_cv64

Yeah, but I bet her kids would've loved it and screamed, "Do it again! That was funnnn!"

Rowen L Love likes this.
  15. Rowen L Love

Ya know, ya might be right there. Had I been driven yers, I might a done it. :D

16. Rowen L Love

I posted a new thread and I think once again I've put it in the wrong place, "tech ref n articals". About suspension. If yall would take a look I'd appreciate it. Thanks

17. T16592

T16592 In Overdrive PLATINUM MEMBER

She must have been staring at your '67 and thinking what a cool car. But then ...:(

Rowen L Love likes this.
  18. Rowen L Love

I would post some before and after pics but I cant. Again they have to be "resized". That's ok. I will just say the minor damage really did "buff out". One small wrinkle in the door that i feel confident I can remove in a matter of minutes once I decide to do it. Her car was thrashed. Probobly thousands of $ for a car worth only hundreds. I still think I did the right thing by letting her leave. She paid for her mistake. Meanwhile I'm safe and Rowdy is good.

19. pmrphil

pmrphil In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

I do have to say, an attitude like yours is one for everyone else to point at and say "you should be more like him". I salute your integrity, sir. :cool:

Rowen L Love likes this.
  20. Rowen L Love

Thank for that. Please, dont look at me, I only do what I think best for me. That has included at times punching someone in the face. What I thought best for me when I was younger, has changed some with age and wisdom. Recieving grace for past transgressions has also helped me change past behaviors. For a long time it was all about me. Took some searching to find out just how wrong I really was. Please, dont look at me, if you need to look, look inside. That's where I found me.

pmrphil likes this.