How many annual miles?

Discussion in 'General Ranchero Help' started by Spritely, Oct 8, 2020.

1. 65restomod

65restomod In Overdrive BRONZE MEMBER

It sits more than driven, most I put on it in the last year is maybe 200 miles and that was to get the exhaust straightened out and a short loop around my neighborhood.
    Now that the weather has turned it will sit for another 6/7 months

Buds 67 likes this.
  2. The Wrench

The Wrench In Second Gear

I've owned my 73 since 1983. I rebuilt the engine and trans in 1987 at 146,000 miles and I have right at 274,000 now. Yes it's been around twice, it was my only vehicle for a long time, but since I retired 7 years ago it only gets about 200 miles a month now. It still runs very good and strong for what it is. 351 Q-code C6 Trans with shift kit.

3. Ran Man

Ran Man In Fourth Gear

About 6,000 on my 72. I take it to shows and drive it on the weekends when life gets on my shoulders. Nothing lik driving without a purpose to think and clear your head. I highly recommend it

Buds 67 and The Wrench like this.
  4. cbolt

cbolt In Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I plan on tracking my miles this year. As of Jan. 1 2021 my odometer read 53094.4

Lets see what it reads on Jan 1, 2022

Buds 67 likes this.
  5. Jeff B.

Jeff B. In Third Gear GOLD MEMBER

OK, I’ll play. It might give me the incentive to drive it more in dry weather. That’s asking a lot in NW WA state. 58,092 today.

7E7A42C9-5A8F-491F-AB11-0AFC667AFCBB.jpeg

Buds 67 likes this.
  6. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Ha, that's true. Reminds me of a day about ten or so years ago, we had a heavy rainstorm with a following deep freeze. Babe had a grand-sized puddle in the right front corner that turned into a mini ice rink. This was when that corner was beginning to leak, so I took a hammer and broke up the ice, pulled it all out. Then it rained again a couple days later. *siiiighhhhh*

Buds 67 and Jeff B. like this.
  7. Minotaur

Minotaur In Third Gear

I bought mine with about 75,247 miles on the odometer. Got it running good, had a front end alignment done, and most recently new rear brakes as the PO had the wrong size shoes on it and the parking brake wasn't hooked up properly.
    I drove it to work several times and in and around my small town, and out a little further each time as my trust in it built up.
    I'm guessing maybe 1,000 miles since last April when I bought it as the odometer still reads 75,247 LOL.
    Currently covered up for the winter but am looking forward to spring and maybe doubling that 1,000 miles this year.
    She competes with my motorbike when the weather is nice, it's tough to choose sometimes ;)

Buds 67 likes this.
  8. cbolt

cbolt In Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Minotaur, I downloaded an app called digihub which is essentially a gps on your phone with a speedometer and an odometer. I was using that to track mileage on my other old car because the speedometer was not working and I was able to calculate gas mileage so long as I could remember to open the app each time I drove that car. Maybe you could use something like that as an option until you get your speedometer repaired or replace.

Buds 67 and Minotaur like this.
  9. Minotaur

Minotaur In Third Gear

Thanks for that app suggestion! I will try it for sure.
    The speedometer works, but the needle bounces a lot, the cable is probably going.
    But because I had some semblance of speed I wasn't concerned with the odometer not working.
    It is a "I'll get to it eventually" repair. The app will help, and I am actually curious about MPG, thanks again.

Buds 67 likes this.
  10. Leo Vargas

Leo Vargas In Second Gear

I just got her in Nov. 2020 and already put 3K on her. She's my DD.

cbolt, beerbelly and Buds 67 like this.
  11. Buds 67

Buds 67 In Fourth Gear

So from 4/8/22 to 4/8/23 I drove my 1967 Ford Ranchero Fairlane 500 .... 5,322 miles! I thought it was more but numbers don't lie, I'll check back in on 4/8/24 if I'm still kickin to see were I'm at....lmao!

Last edited: Apr 9, 2023
    Saff54 likes this.
  12. handy_andy_cv64

When I said this back in '20, the odometer read about 32K or so. Now it reads 35K. So 3000/24 averaged to 100+ miles a month. A bit less than I thought.

Buds 67 likes this.
  13. beerbelly

beerbelly In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I'm slowing down a bit; no big road trips last year. About 58K since I bought it in 2015, around 7K per year.

Title mileage.JPG 20230408_112146.jpg

Saff54 and Buds 67 like this.
  14. Kiwirancher

Kiwirancher In Fourth Gear

I got my 66 on the road 1st September 2015 . Mileage was 18108. It is now 46499. So about 4300 miles per year. Not sure if that is on it’s second time around but I have a receipt for work on it in 1996 and the mileage is recorded as 16379 miles.
    Denis.

Saff54, Buds 67 and beerbelly like this.
  15. uk ranchero

uk ranchero In Third Gear

about 500 a year. every year i say, this year i am going to use it more somehow it never happens

Buds 67 likes this.
  16. Buds 67

Buds 67 In Fourth Gear

Get it out and drive it...

Saff54 likes this.
  17. handy_andy_cv64

I drove Babe today, first time in five weeks, and noticed the Odom is almost to 70K. That's pretty close to 40K miles since I replaced the cluster the first time, back in '06, and kept the 120 MPH speedo from the mid-'70s cluster I originally found, about ten years before that.

Buds 67 likes this.
  18. RancheroRandy

RancheroRandy In Maximum Overdrive

I haven't driven mine since May '22, ugh! It's been in storage while building a new house (and yes, a nice big garage!) and I will hopefully get it this next week. There is a custom shop (Toy Makerz) less than 2 miles from my new home and the owner has a pumped-up '63 Ranchero.

Kiwirancher, Lincolnut and Buds 67 like this.
  19. As Is '66

As Is '66 2 Wheeled Mod Staff Member

I moved Rusty from in front of the barn to a place further out in the yard so we can cut grass where she WAS...

It`s starting to look like @Hillbilly ~s place out there...

Ann`s 71 will soon be here,
    Dennis

Last edited: Jun 10, 2023
    handy_andy_cv64 and Buds 67 like this.
  20. Buds 67

Buds 67 In Fourth Gear

From 4/8/23 to 4/8/24 I only put 2,293 miles on my Ranchero? That's down from the 5,322 I drove it the year before, I need to get out more....lol..!!!!

Saff54 and As Is '66 like this.